Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Recap of the wonderful 2008

Now that the New Year is upon us I have some New Years resolutions...obviously blogging within a month of the event isn't one of those...maybe I should rethink that. I also can't help but to think about the new things that 2009 will bring (or at least hopefully bring). I keep telling Tyson that this is a BIG year for us, and I am so very excited to see where it takes us.

So here is a recap of everything we experienced in 2008.

January
-Tyson turned 25.
-We spent a fun time with family in California up at our cabin for New Years.

February
-Tyson suprised me to see The Blue Man Group for Valentine's Day.

March
-Tyson camped out outside the US Supreme Court in DC to see the gun ban case.
-I posted on the blog for the first time (Tyson was wonderful and started it all for me).
-We spent a fun Easter with friends out here and had great food and company.
-We saw the Cherry Blossoms with some friends. It was the first time I had been.

April
-I turned 22 years old and Tyson took me to Virginia Beach to celebrate when he was done with finals.
-Tyson's parents came out to spend time with us, and it was a blast.
-I switched jobs from Midtown to VIPdesk.

May
-My hubby finished his 2nd year of law school.
-Tyson started his job at Bean Kinney Korman in VA.
-We saw former President Bush speak at Arlington Cemetary for Memorial Day with my cousins from Jersey.

June
-I almost got to raise a little baby turtle as a pet...until Tyson came along and threw off my groove.
-My parents & grandparents came out becamse my dad did a triathalon. We also went to Williamsburg and had a ball.
-I had chamelion-like hair.
-We saw the Red Sox and watched Manny Ramirez hit his 500th Home Run in Baltimore.
-Awesome New York trip with the fam.

July
-Fourth of July fireworks and National Parade in DC.
-We celebrated our 2nd anniversary and went to Philli to see Les Miserables.
-Went to King's Dominion and Luray Caverns for the first time.
-Had a blast swimming in the river and visting Harper's Ferry.

August
-My family moved to Puebla, Mexico.
-Tyson started his 3rd and last year of Law School. Yay!
-More friends visiting & the famous Eastern Market breakfast.
-I learned how to golf!
-We toured Gettysburg with friends.
-Feedin' calfs and visiting our Amish kinfolk.

September
-I'm continually learning about the world of fashion from my fashion diva friends.
-We started up our girls nights and had some
fun ones.

October
-We ran in and finished the Marine Corps Marathon. Here and here and are our stories.
-I won the office pumpkin carving contest, and dressed up for Halloween.

November
-Tyson and I voted (it was my first time).
-We drove all the way to Georgia to see friends, Georgia, and watch the Bronco's play.
-Turkey...and more Turkey.
-Tyson had an interesting adventures at the dentist.

December
-We froze our buns off in the Big Apple.
-Visiting the National and Capitol Christmas Trees.
-Playing in the snow.
-My nephew Lincoln Cunningham was born.
-Christmas in California and New Years in Utah.

1 comment:

Karissa Kay said...

haha, i love the part when you said that tyson threw off your groove. I laughed out loud.