Tyson and I went to New York last weekend as a last minute, spur of the moment trip (don't you just love those?!) We figured that we may not be living out on the East Coast forever and wanted to do Christmas in New York to see the cool window displays, drink hot cider, eat cheesecake, and freeze our buns off. And also the plane tickets were only $130 apiece. It was a great time!


That bathtub was FULL of gumballs...it was awesome! We took home some chocolate covered gummy bears. My favorite.
We were lucky to meet up with our friends Nate, Melanie, and their cute little girl Scarlet at Serendipity. And no - I didn't eat that whole sundae by myself.
Union Station had this train display with a mini working subway also. There is a King Kong gorilla holding onto the Empire State Building on the top left.
Honestly - the best apple cider I've ever tasted! It even had a cinnamon stick in it.

The big Nutcracker wanted to hold my hand for the picture...what could I say?

We wanted to go Ice Skating while we were there. This is the rink in Central Park. The lines were soo long that we decided to opt out of it, which saved us and the other skaters a lot of injuries. You don't want to see me on ice skates.
Tree in Rockefeller Center. It always looks bigger on TV.
These snowflakes would turn on and off to a Christmas song. We have it on video with the other window displays that we need to figure out how to post.


Charmin had these public restrooms in Times Square that were free, cleaned after each use (by the workers), and they had 6 toilet paper rolls in each one with two different fluffiness options. They were actually really nice and clean! The guy in charge at the front of the line was telling bathroom-related jokes the whole time and came up with some pretty funny stuff.
All-in-all we had a GREAT time and we would for sure go again!

8 comments:
You too are way too cute! Just a little bit of randomness, but I don't know Nate and Melanie, but I have been reading their blog for MONTHS now. Somehow they know my good friend Marci Judd Scott (Marci's brother was my missionary---Remember Brent---Tyson) neways, it threw me off a little bit seeing them on your blog. It's such a small world. Melanie is so dang talented!!!
How FUN! I love NYC. And I have totally eaten a giant Serendipity sundae all by myself...on more than one occasion. Is that a bad thing? :)
I thought everyone needs to know who had the steady hand and took such great pictures!! Me (Tyson)
The only reason why Tyson got to show off his "steady hand" is because he didn't want to be in any pictures...hence all of them are practically of me! We're working on that...
-Laura
Great pictures Mr. steady hand. Looks like you had a great trip.
Good for you guys! How fun! I love your pics!
This looks so fun. I definitely need to do this next year.
Hey!
Long time-no see! I miss you much. The pictures look fantastic. I have never been to New York in the winter, but the pictures were a great incentive to get me to go! The window displays were fantastic!
Hey, did you know I am pregnant? I can't wait to see Corinne's baby. I think we are going to go up for the blessing. Are you going to be there?
Post a Comment