Friday, September 5, 2008

Amish Country

Saturday afternoon after touring Gettysburg we drove out to Amish Country. We saw more farm animals than we did amish people but we will go again. Tyson and I stayed at this adorable bed & breakfast on a family's dairy farm. Here are some pictures of the trip.
PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals hahaha....you gotta love them thair rednecks! The other sticker says United States Terrorist Hunting Permit.
Here are some pictures of the bed & breakfast we stayed at.
The guy that owned the B&B was a dairy farmer for a living. I told him I had a calf in 4-H that I got to bottle-feed! He said they just had two calves that were two days old, and one that was a day old... if we wanted, we could wake up in the morning and feed them...granted, it was like 6:15 in the morning but I couldn't resist! Tyson even woke up that early with me. I was actually kind-of shocked.
They had some adorable kittens that would wait for him to fill up the calves bottles so they could drink the fresh milk.
Good Ol' Bessy...I'm so glad God created cows. I couldn't live without steak, and burgers, and milk, and all that other good stuff.
Here they are! Aren't they adorable...I love baby animals. I named my 4-H calf 'Big Mac', I thought the name was pretty clever. He was very cute.
This is my --holy cow honey, can I take it home?!-- face.
This is Tyson's --hurry up and take the picture because I'm getting dirty-- face. I made sure that Tyson fed the calf too. I mean you gotta get the ultimate experience right?! We'll make a darn farm boy out of that thair Utard soon enough.
Tyson planning out our day. We pretty much just had to go to whatever places were open on Sunday. The Amish are very good about not working on Sunday. It kinda made me feel bad... but hey, we were on vacation and spending quality time together!
The wife of the milk farmer slash B&B owner made us a really good omlette breakfast. They just put it outside our door and knocked to let us know it was ready. And just as a side note - I am very proud because Tyson actually ATE...yes my folks...I said ATE some of the omlette. You see, I have never met anyone as picky with food as my husband and he doesn't like trying things he "knows he doesn't like". He says that it's the consistency or something wierd like that. Anyways, it was really good and with a little coaxing (well a lot of coaxing), he tried some and said "it wasn't that bad". Of course I'm glad there was bacon in it because if there wasn't those eggs would have never gone in his mouth. I know, he's a little high maintenance but I love him to death and don't know where I would be without him!
Here are the cutest little baby goats - ever. Except for the ones that I had when I was growing up.
This male goat was Tyson's favorite. It was very protective of it's women haha.
Amish riding around outside of Olive Garden. It was wierd seeing them on the busy streets. I told Tyson that their buggy was only 1 horsepower. If I was amish I would want to be pulled by at least 2-4 horses...I mean 4 horsepower is a lot faster than 1 right? Haha...kidding
I thought this baby stroller was so cute.
Here's Tyson pulling my cart-wagon-carriage-thing for me! What a sweet hubby. Of course a horse would have been quicker, but I liked the view from where I sat. What can I say? He's got a sexy bum...I'm not gunna deny it! I still need to post all of the interesting facts we learned about the Amish people on our tour so check back soon.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Okay TJ and I really really really want to go to Amish Country with you guys. Can we please do again?!!

Reddington Clan said...

Hey girl. I just wanted to check in and see how the marathon training is coming along. Looks like the amish country was fun.

Kara said...

Hey Tys!! You should've gone to the LA Temple, my grandparents work there the first week of every month! And if you were feeling REALLY adventurous you could've driven 2 1/2 hrs. north to visit my hubby & I! :) How is everything going? Congrats on getting married, your wife is adorable!

Robert and Lindsay said...

that looks like so much fun! i need to get the details from you so we can do that trip! hope all is well!!

Sean & Lacey said...

Look at all these way fun things you guys are doing! I love that you are so good at updating your blog! We are excited for the Broncos game...well the seeing you guys part and shopping for me, but Sean and Ayden are excited for the game! (I haven't convinced Sean to take him yet!)

Corinne said...

That Bed & Breakfast looks so fun! How cool it must have been! BTW I love the background on your blog! I miss you - love ya! See you at Christmas!
~Corinne