Monday, January 26, 2009

A Napa Valley Christmas: part 2

That night instead of doing a guy's night girl's night like was originally planned...which is a hilarious story in itself - we went to this raceway and rode really fast race carts. My adrenaline was pumping because they were so fast (somewhere around 40 MPH and you had to get all strapped in). I kept talking myself up the whole way there saying that I was going to beat everyone so I had to do good. Here's the gang that was going to see the wrath of RaceCar Laura!!!
I TOTALLY WON!! I couldn't believe it. It was awesome. It was really hard to pass people but I managed to do it. Tyson was 2nd and my bro Mike was third. I would definitely do that again. I swear I should have been a race car driver as my profession. Everyone that has not raced those things, needs to do it. It might take 3 years off your life from being freaked out, but you will have a blast.
Here's me sitting int he winner's chair. Someone has a picture of Tyson bowing down to me but I don't have a copy of that yet.
Christmas Eve people were running errands. Here is Thomas buying his last minute Christmas gifts.....and a Pinata for a white elephant. A great talent in my family is the ability to procrastinate without getting stressed about it! It's pretty amazing.
Christmas Eve night we had our traditional Shepard's Dinner and had a Nativity Program with the little kids all dressed up. We then had another program with the adults after the kids went to bed that Erin put together. It turned our very well. We all got up bright and early (it's kind-of hard to sleep in on Christmas when there are a lot of little kids around). I made sticky buns, and Erin made an egg caserole. They both turned out fabulous. Then we opened stockings and presents. Here is Ashlyn with her new camera.
That night we had a scrumptuous ham dinner with mashed potatoes, rolls, and tons of different types of pie. I was able to go with Corinne to the hospital because it was feeding time. It was fun to see Lincoln and his adorable self. I was glad to go because we were leaving that next morning to fly to Utah. It was a very fun trip.

No comments: