Monday, February 2, 2009

New Years in Utah

We were able to spend New Years with the Horrocks side of the family in Sandy, UT. We flew in on Friday night and had a really good dinner with crab legs then opened up presents. The next night we all just hung out. We went to Gateway to do a little shopping and ended up strategically running through the fountain without getting wet. Tyson got a new gun for Christmas and was able to go coyote hunting with his dad and grandpa which he loved. They didn't actually shoot anything that was alive, but I'm glad he finally put his never used guns to use. While they were out doing manly things, Teri and I got pedicures and did some shopping so everyone had the best of both worlds. We went to see Tyson's friend from high school - Dustin and his wife Jen which was fun. I'd never really formally met either of them and sadly we didn't get any pics of that. And, as you know, we built an awesome snowman.

Tuesday we drove down to St. George to celebrate New Years. It was so nice being able to get massages at Massage Envy (where Jessi works). Seriously if you are going to get a massage you should try the 1 1/2 hours. It was amazing. Of course we didn't miss out dinner at Cafe Rio which is always on our list of places to eat whenever we visit. New Year's Eve we all went to the driving range to freshen up our skills because we were going golfing the following day. This would be my 2nd time ever actually golfing on a course and I was very nervous about that. I did really well hitting balls with my irons but when it came to my woods I just couldn't get them right which was frustrating. I now know why Tyson throws his clubs and swears every once and awhile while golfing... And it didn't make me feel any better about going the next day. That night we ate dinner at Gun Barrel which was very good. We all played games that night and went to visit a family friend for dessert and watch the ball drop.

New Year's Day we woke up early and drove out to the golf course. Ty, Darryl, and Jessi were doing 18 holes. Teri and I were doing 9. It was a gorgeous day outside and I was a LOT better than I thought I was going to be. I also learned a lot about the game from Teri. It was a fun experience. Tyson was lucky enough to go coyote and rabbit hunting again while in St. George. They had a coyote call that was very realistic sounding but they still didn't get anything. The girls also bought a ton of shoes at a DSW that was closing down. Everything was literally on crazy sales.

The day of the Utah game Jessi and I videotaped our Amazing Race application video (which I still need to add things to and mail out). Hopefully we will get on, but who knows how many thousands of applications they get. We categorized ourselves as "The Sister-in-Laws" thinking it would make us a unique from the crowd at least a little bit. We also celebrated Tyson's 26th birthday and had a bunch of people over for the Utah Sugar Bowl Game (which is a b-day present for Tyson in itself). I still wish I would have videotaped Teri doing her celebration dance which was awesome! The Takos family was also able to come out. It was fun being able to spend time with them and catch up since they moved.

That last day we hung out with the Zach and Christy and then drove down to Vegas to do some more shopping. When we flew home our airline lost my luggage for a few hours and ended up delivering it later that night which was a little stressful. All in all it was a very fun trip which we were lucky to take. We always look forward to spending time with everyone and it is a little sad when we leave. We feel so blessed to have such amazing families even if they live all the way across the country...for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love the blog you guys created!! I certainly want to catch up r u both going backpacking?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.