Clean Feedings = baby scarfing down the entire bowl with only a little bit of food on her face, and enjoyably sipping apple juice from her sippy cup.
CLEANUP: One damp paper towel.
Messy Feedings = lots of patience on my part to try not to get frustrated as baby flails hands around while yelling at me in between my attempts to maneuver the spoon past the flying hands, trying make it to her mouth before it shuts tight refusing to let in another bite. If the hands aren't flailing food all over then they are grabbing tightly onto her sippy cup and loudly banging it on the high chair and her head which ends up leaking juice all over herself.
CLEANUP: Screw the paper towels - this kid is being stuck in the bath, tray is being stuck in the dishwasher. The entire high chair, floor, and counter that was in arms reach needs to be entirely scrubbed down.
Each time I prepare a bowl it brings on different emotions for me. I try to 'read' what she is telling me because I never know how well she is going to eat. I think over and over in my head,
"Is this going to be a clean feeding or a messy one?"
"I think she's acting hungry... I really hope she's hungry!"
"I don't want to waste another bowl of perfectly good baby food."
For some reason or another she wasn't particularly hungry at this feeding, and let's just say it was NOT a clean one. I decided to just roll with the punches because it was almost bedtime and she was going to get a bath anyway.
She was refusing to eat so I figured screw it - I may as well just let her enjoy herself!
No comments:
Post a Comment