Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Nursery

I've been working on Jayde's nursery for awhile, trying to get it how I imagined without it costing too much. The only thing I still would like to do is add curtains and take off her closet door to add another panel of fabric that matches the curtains (but I have yet to find fabric I like that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg). Here's how it all turned out:



{Dresser $180 from KSL, site like Craigslist here in UT.}
{Nightstand free from Tyson's aunt & uncle which I repainted to match, it was previously dark green.}

{I was really picky with bedding and wanted a really frilly-girls option that I found, but was quickly veto-ed by Tyson who liked a dark purple set with huge butterflies. That didn't fly with me so we compromised on me buying fabrics I liked and his mom's friend said she would make the bumper and skirt for me for a shower gift. I loved the pink and teal so that's what I went with.}
{Rug $80 from Overstock.com}
{Crib quilt was made by Tyson's mom which matches the bedding and looks awesome in her room!}

{Cube shelving and chandelier night light from Target.}
{Clock from Rod Works, Baby Girl storage was a gift.}

{The chair is from a garage sale I picked up for $20, and was in awesome shape.}
{Baby blanket on chair is her blessing blanker her grandma made for her.}
{Chair pillow I made in a class.}


{Professional baby pictures in frames given to me at baby shower.}

{Corbels holding up Willow Tree figurines from DI $1.50 each. They were orang-ey brown and I spray painted antique white}
{Plaque above from baby shower as well as pink shadow box}

{Lampshade was $2 from DownEast which I redid with fabric, texture magic, and trim.}
{Base $7 from Target.}
{Frame from TJ Maxx, and Vase $2 from DI.}

{Mirror is one of my favorite finds, it was only like $7 from DI and was gold so I spray painted antique white.}

{Top frame from Hobby Lobby for $15, bottom frame from DI $4. I spray painted them both and added ribbon to the back for her bows.}

{Both shelves are from DI $2 apiece and I spray painted to match.}
{Vase $1.50 from Michaels.}
{Piggy bank like $4 from Hobby Lobby.}
{J framed, cat, shoes are gifts as well as footprint canvas.}


{Lampshade $4 from Down East and I made it my own by adding flowers from Michaels to it.}

{Mobile from Pottery Barn which I love, but Jayde loves more. I think it was like $18 but worth every penny and I can use for all of our kids.}
I just LOVE how it all turned out! It's my favorite room in the whole house. Oh, and props for Tyson's parents for painting the two walls of her room while I was still pregnant :0)

4 comments:

Andi said...

I am very impressed! It turned out so darling! I can't believe how much of it you did yourself and how many good finds you found! I love the teal and pink together. Very nice!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

So CUTE!! I am so impressed. You have done an amazing job!

Christy said...

LOVE it! Good job.

Chelsea said...

Wow, I love this! So many cute details!