Monday, February 9, 2009

a night out on the town

Tyson and I took the metro into town a few weeks back with some good friends to go to Kramers Bookstore which is an adorable bookstore with a café inside of it out in Dupont Circle. We hadn’t been to the city in awhile so of course we were game! The wait was going to be around an hour so the girls went to Beadazzled and made our own earrings. Well...Erica and I did – Rachel wasn’t able to decide on any that she absolutely loved and the store was closing so we headed back over to the restaurant. Tyson was dared to eat some red caviar on rice, and he totally did! His face was great as he was chewing and swallowing it...the classic “Tyson not liking the food in his mouth” face. Then he gave us his “Aren’t you proud of what I just ate?!” face. It was hilarious.
Then came the desserts. I got the brownie sundae (which was really like cake with ice-cream on it), and Tyson got some peanut butter dessert which was good. Erica is in love with Key Lime Pie, and Rachel got the sampler platter which was perfect for her undecided-ness. As Ty and I walked out and saw the Apple Pie we realized that would have been our #1 choice...oh well, next time.
After dinner as we were walking to the metro and Rachel dared Erica to pose as a gargoyle on a really cool granite ball on the sidewalk of Dupont and of course she did which made for some cute pics. It was a great night and full of lots of laughs. I am so grateful for awesome friends out here!

No comments: