Friday, September 5, 2008

There's a storm a-brewin'

Well I just walked into our apartment and someone had slipped a piece of paper under our door. It says, and I quote "As many of you are aware, the National Weather Service has issued a storm watch saying the remnants of tropical storm Hanna are expected to affect the region on Saturday. This means excessive winds and rainfall could occur. We ask that you please begin making plans for your personal safety.

  • Should there be a loss of power, DO NOT burn candles. Instead, use flashlights and battery operated lanterns. If there were a gas leak due to the storm, open flames are dangerous and not recommended.

  • Have towels available to place in your window sills and at the bottom of all exterior doors. Blowing rain can enter in these areas and damage your belongings.

  • Please bring all items in from your balcony if/before the winds pick up to avoid others being hurt by flying objects."
I then proceeded to get two picture texts from my wonderful husband of what he is currently seeing at the moment.... Yes my friends...my husband is currently in LA, relaxing at the beach...without me. So while I brave the storm and keep an eye out for flying objects from people's balcony's my thoughts will go out to him, his warm weather, and beautiful palm trees. Actually I'm glad that he is able to go to the beach today. He flew out for an interview in LA and had some time to kill. He has been working so hard with school and his job, he deserves a little bit of relaxation. Just want to send a shout-out to my wonderful husband who is working so hard to make us have a great life after law school! Love you babe! Oh...and I decided that if he gets a call-back, I am definately going with him next time!

No comments: