I have been meaning to update everyone on our marathon training, but I wanted to wait until we got into the double digit runs. It sounds so much cooler to say you have ran 10 miles than it does to say 9.
So far things have been going pretty good. It is very rare that both Laura and I have "good" running days on the same day. However, we do a good job of motivating each other even though the one having the "not so good day" is never happy when the other one tries to push them. To date, we run anywhere between 10min-30sec miles to 12min miles. Usually we are below 11 so that is good.
Both of us have been fighting some slight injuries but are surviving. Laura hurt her rib somehow and had to take a few days off but is doing much better now. Early on in the training I felt a pop one night in my upper leg and it gets tight towards the end of every run, but I just have to keep running. The worst thing for me was on yesterdays' 10 mile run was at mile 8.3 when my left knee started to shoot with pain!! It was hard to just push off on it yet alone go up and down hills. I may take a few days off but am sure things will get better.
NY training -- even though this is out of order (our NYC post will be coming soon). Laura and I had the opportunity to do some training with my family while we were in New York City for vacation. Our hotel was in Times Square, so we were only a few blocks from Central Park. We decided that running Central Park would be a good way to make sure we did not miss a "long" run. It was so much fun to run through Central Park because it seems that is something only done in the movies. However, we had a BLAST!!



2 comments:
Seriously, you two are an inspiration for us!
Again, so jealous! I want to run in NY with you! I love Central Park! That would be perfect! Good luck! I just strated my St. George Marathon Training too! :)AHHH!
Post a Comment