A Couple weeks ago my in-laws came in town. Tyson and I were soo excited that they were able to come out and visit us! The first night they came in we ate dinner at a restaurant called Charlie Chang's by our apartment. Whenver we go there I get this fresh pineapple chicken because they serve the entire thing in a whole pineapple! Needless to say it was really good.
Golfing, golfing, and more golfing - So in case you didn't know, Tyson and his dad ABSOLUTELY LOVE golfing. They try to golf as much as they can, and it's great "male bonding" time for them in my opinion. I think the biggest reason why I like them golfing together is because my mother-in-law and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE shopping! So when they guys are out golfing we get to have even more fun shopping!
Tyson's parents wanted to see his school and buy some souvenirs from GW (and get a couple of pictures)
The Carslyle was a really tasty restaraunt. All of us were happy with the dinners we got. We were even more excited to go to CAKE LOVE after that. (Well at least I was...the motto I got from my dad is "it's not worth the calories if it's not Chocolate!!") We have a lot of friends that talked it up, and this was our first time going. All of the cakes were really good!
BREAKFAST!!! Ok so I know that a lot of these posts revolve around food, but hey...when you gotta eat, you gotta eat! And if you have never eaten at TRYST Coffeehouse in Adams Morgan then you really have to go. Tyson and I love their chocolate chip waffles! They have different toppings like Strawberries, Nutella, etc... I think the thing I love the most is the atmosphere. None of the couches or chairs match; it's soo cute!
The same day we went to see the ChErRy BloSsoMS. Although they weren't in their peak time, they were still pretty. The Lincoln Memorial is one of our favorite monuments so we got some good pictures over there as well.




CRABS =0) There is a really great crab place in Baltimore called Obrycki's. We discovered it from one of the locals when we went over the summer. They come out with a whole platter of freshly cooked (steamed) crabs and dump them out on your brown paper-covered table. You are then shown how to remove all of the not so edible insides to get to the meat...it's actually really good! They also have GREAT other appetizers like their crab dip. The waitress said that when there is a NEW MOON, all of the crab's shells turn soft (obviously that is where the name soft-shelled crabs come from). When they get like that, people just bite into them without removing anything...that just grosses me out and I don't think I could do it, but it was interesting to learn!
On our way back we drove by the temple because they had never seen it before. It is always really pretty at night, but sometimes hard to get good pictures of it. This one turned out though!
So Tyson and I are still pretty excited about our Wii that we got for Christmas and it was really funny watching "instructor Tyson" trying to explain how to play Tiger Woods Golf to his dad. I guess he was a pretty good instructor because Darryl did end up beating him! I guess Tyson still needs to practice a little bit more.


So just to sum things up - it was a really fun-filled weekend! The only bad thing about it was that it was too short. We are really lucky to have such great parents who are able to come visit us all the way across the country. Hopefully we will move closer after law school but we will just have to see what happens!



















4 comments:
Yeah! I love the pictures!! Don't you just love in-law visits! So much fun!
Having family in town is so much fun...looks like you guys had a blast!
Laura, I love your dark hair! What a fun post!
So good to see more pictures. What a fun weekend. Love you guys!
Post a Comment