Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Marine Corps Marathon - here we come!!



We did it!! Tyson and I are officially registered for the Marine Corps Marathon which takes place on October 26th. We are soo excited, and even more nervous to be actually running a marathon but it should be great. It all started when my dad told me that I could do it when I was expressing my amazement towards how many he has participated in. FYI - I still need to post about my amazing dad who started running marathons when he was 40 and 10 years later he has run 14 marathons and 4 triathalons (2 being half-iron mans). He just qualified for the Nationals so he will be participating in their Vegas triathalon this October....

So anyway, I didn't really think I could because I have WAY short legs and am a better swimmer than runner! My Dad bought Tyson and I a book that he used as a guide to run his first (and all) marathons. It's called "Marathon" by Jeff Galloway, and it is amazing. It actually didn't take very much convincing at all to get Tyson to run it with me. He even really made me want to push myself and sign up (I have a hard time trying new things when there is a chance I could fail at it so I tend to not try things like this) but Tyson was all GUNG-HO and I love that about him! We are going to be doing the Run-Walk Method which I've heard works really well. I will let everyone know how training is going as it starts this week too!! And we won't go back on it now because it's $88 to register and we bought the marathon's training shirts and everything.

**WISH US LUCK (we're going to need it)!!!**

4 comments:

Sean & Lacey said...

good job, you guys are better than I am! That will be way cool to say that you've done it though, good luck with training! Let's get together soon, I hope you had a good birthday Laura!

Erica said...

Good luck guys! I have always really wanted to run one. As soon as I have this baby I really want to push myself to do it. You guys are going to do great! I can't wait to hear all about the training!!

Melanie said...

I am so impressed already. What willpower you two have!

M said...

That's awesome. I am totally like you, Laura. I don't love to do things that I'm going to fail at. And I would totally not be able to run a marathon. I think Rachel Watson is doing the same thing as you, right? That is so cool.