Colt's room has been almost complete for awhile now and I LOVE how it turned out! I wanted a Dr. Seuss theme and Tyson wanted sports so I combined the two. I love the feeling when I have a bunch of ideas in my head and they all come together and turn out exactly how I pictured.
Tyson's dad and I did the board & batten on the walls. I picked out the paint colors and got help painting from Darryl, my uncle Kyle, and Tyson.
I think one of my favorite things is this baseball with his hand print. I was shocked I was able to do that in one try! It's a good thing he is a deep sleeper.
The bedding was Pottery Barn clearance and Teri made the adorable Dr. Seuss throw blanket for his crib. And of course we have a Utah rug.
Those are $24 white Ikea curtains that I painted red stripes onto (the day before Colt was born).
The picture frame I got at $3 from a garage sale and turned it into a magnetic chalkboard.
The Dr. Seuss panel was also made by Teri - we saw it in a quilt shop and thought it would go perfectly in his room.
I saw this quote on Etsy and made my own version of it. I love how it looks in the white frames right above his crib.
I took off his closet door like I did in Jayde's room because it makes the room larger and I can put his chair where it would swing out.
This bare wall is going to have his name up top (I'm at least done with the letters), and then I want a collage of about 8 different types of frames that I'm going to paint white and put pictures of him in.... and that is the last thing I have left before it's 100% complete!




1 comment:
This is adorable! I love all the colors you chose, and how you didn't stick to one particular theme. I love the curtains and the chalk board.
Post a Comment