
For Jayde's birthday we thought it would be fun to go to the Washington City Community Center which is an awesome indoor pool. She was pretty much freaked out the entire time which could have been because it was very loud, and she wasn't used to playing in large bodies of water heh. Whenever we would put her in the water she would cling to Tyson or myself and start crying. While she relaxed on the side with her grandparents we got some great runs on the water slide and in the lazy river. This place is awesome, and we will definitely be going lots more this summer!




We wanted her party to be pretty low-key and not super elaborate or time consuming. I made those ruffle streamers from a plastic tablecloth. The idea came from here. I also wanted her to have a really cute party hat and wasn't willing to pay a bunch of $ for it from Etsy. I used this tutorial and LOVE how it turned out! The embellishments of glitter, pearls, and rhinestones were perfect.Her cakes were pretty much a bust! The large cupcake mold wouldn't bake a non-box cake mix in it which I found out the hard way. Also the intricate awesome tasting frosting I used didn't set up in the fridge like it said it would.... let's just say at least she was only turning 1 and won't remember how lame her cake was!




She wasn't sure about the whole cake thing at first. We blew out her candle after singing to her, making sure she didn't grab it, and she proceeded to poking it and jabbing at the frosting. I had to cut into it and stick some of the chocolate in her mouth for her to realize that it was edible. She then proceeded to dive right in and it was so cute!
We then gave her a bath in the sink, opened presents, and spent some quality time with the family and friends that were there.





No comments:
Post a Comment