Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tia's Baby Shower

Tia is one of my best friends that I grew up with in El Centro.
We met for the first time at Girls Camp because her family had just moved to EC from Hawaii of all places!
That week she threw up in my shoes and broke my glasses
(both on accident)... it was actually really funny looking back on it.
We have been friends since.

Well this little lady is having a baby and Kristina and I wanted to throw her a baby shower!
They threw me one, and Tia and I threw Kristina one.
We wanted it to be special since she was the last of us having her first baby,
so we decided on a cookies & milk theme and it turned out way cute!

I made the sign in the pictures above.
I also made these onesies by appliqueing (spelling?) a tie since she's having a boy, the state of Hawaii for Tia since she loved it there, and the letters 88 which was her hubby's football number and high school color.
While we set up Jayde did very well napping and playing with the balloons
(not the toys I brought for her the little stinker).
Kristina bought these cute milk containers and I made the labels with chalkboard paint so we knew what types of milk were which.
I also did the same labels for the cookies displayed.
We drank the milk in those little mason jars.
Kristina also thought of getting Tia the "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" book to have people sign a little note for her which turned out adorable!
Oh, and the labels on the cupcakes say, "Nom Nom Nom" - CM (for cookie monster)


Here is Kristina's little baby Rainey Jane who is absolutely adorable and was born with immense amounts of hair!


The games we did were the clothespin game - if someone says 'baby' then they have to give up one of their clothespins to the person to calls them out on it. I mod-podged the clothespins with paper so they were cute.

The baby jar game - people have to guess what the baby food is just by looking at it. We covered the jar labels in that same paper. so it matched (in first picture).

We also did a game where we asked Tia's hubby Kevin common questions like how many diapers does a newborn need changed? How many do you plan on changing? And then Tia had to guess what he answered. Supposedly Kevin thinks that babies are potty-trained at one years old!
Us El Centro girls who were able to make it.
kristina, christian, tia, and me

We had a blast, and are so excited to meet Tia's new little baby boy soon!

No comments: