Monday, March 14, 2011

Miss 10 months




Our little girl is now ten months old and we can’t believe it. We are constantly running over to her and grabbing the following items out of her mouth after turning our heads just for one second:

  • Any type of cord (her favorite being my laptop cord)
  • Our shoes - she particularly likes sucking on our flip flops which is so gross
  • Anything made of wood
  • The wheel of her stroller
  • The bars of her crib
  • Pretty much anything that isn’t a teething toy

Jayde – you still are taking awhile to fall asleep because you stand up in your crib the second we lay you down. You love to stand up on everything that you can.

You love to watch the washing machine and dryer spin and playing with the drying hanging rack. You love to ride on our shoulders and be super high up. We can see your top tooth coming in, but it hasn’t broken through yet. You haven’t gotten to that super fussy teething stage with this one yet, so hopefully it will break through quickly and painlessly. Whenever I sing, you start to sing and usually the second I stop – you’ll stop. The second I start up again, you do the same. It is soo cute!

You like to look out the window on the kitchen door to see what’s going on outside You love to sit on your knees and stand whenever you can. For some reason you LOVE to go into our bathroom and try to get into our walk-in shower… there’s a ½ foot lip you have to step over to get into it, and you haven’t figured out how to get over it yet which I’m glad about because I’m sure you’d face plant right into the tiled shower.

It is so hard to take good pictures of you lately because you are ALL over the place! You do not like wearing bows in your hair anymore. Right when I put one in, you pull it out. This happens over and over and over until I give up. I kind of think it’s just the head band that you really don’t like. Maybe I should invest in some of those little bows or flowers you can put in with karo syrup, or if you are too old for that and would yank them out. Soon enough I’ll be able to do pig tails on you so we’ll see if you like those. We try to go for a walk around the neighborhood every night because the weather is so nice, and you seem to really enjoy it (especially when we take you out of the stroller and put you on our shoulders).

No comments: