Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Miss 4 Months

You grab onto everything. When something (or someone) is in front of you, the first thing you do is reach out for it to see what it feels like. This included my ice-cold drink at a restaurant. I didn’t realize what you were doing until I looked over and saw you wiggling your little fingers in it.

You hate your car seat and let us know almost every time we drive. You do not fall in the category of one of those babies who fall asleep instantly when we get in the car and driving at night will not put you to sleep, it will do just the opposite.


You take at least 4 one-hour naps during the day. At first I didn’t realize that I needed to put you down for a nap, and you started getting really fussy all of a sudden. I kept trying to play with you, and keep your attention until once you just fell asleep and it hit me – duh! So now I put you down for naps about 4 times a day and you fall right asleep.

You have started to grab onto your knees and feet when we lay you on your back and rock from side to side. One day soon you will roll over, and I have the camera ready for it although it makes me sad that you are growing up so fast!

You are still really little and the Dr. said that we need to give you rice cereal twice a day to help you gain some more weight. We tried to spoon feed it to you and let’s just say that you are NOT a fan but it was still cute watching you scrunch up your face when we would try. Now I add it to two of your bottles each day.

You also have reflux so we’ve been giving you medicine for that and you’ve been a much happier baby ever since.



You open your mouth super wide when we get face-to-face. Sometimes I think it’s your baby kisses, and it is fun making you have huge smiles on your face.

You stopped cuddling on our shoulder until we took you to get your 4 month shots. Since then you’ve been a lot more cuddly when you’re tired or waking up, and we love it!

We go for walks outside with you in your jogging stroller at night, and most of the time one of us ends up carrying you and one pushing the empty stroller. I wish you would like being in a car seat. I’m sure it’s an interesting sight - seeing us pushing an empty stroller down the street with you on our shoulder!

You have started to laugh, and I mean really laugh and it is the cutest thing I’ve ever heard! I love it. Your daddy and I try all the time to get those little laughs out of you and it’s becoming more of a daily occurrence which we love!

Stats: 13.23 lbs - 41%

24.49 inches - 60%
16.1 head around - 51%

3 comments:

Nellie and Jason said...

oh my gosh....she is adorable!!

Karissa Kay said...

She is SO stinking cute! I wish I could squeeze her!

Shad and Brittany said...

She is SO cute!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!