Friday, April 9, 2010

my First baby blanket attempt

When we moved to St. George Teri informed me that one of the quilt shops here holds classes to make things like baby blankets, quilts, car seat covers and other things like that which made me very excited because I have no idea how to sew. I mean I can mend things and stitch buttons on and the like... but I'm completely clueless when it comes to making cute things like clothing, blankets, or pillows.

We signed up to make the 'Self Binding Baby Blanket' because it looked easy enough, and set off to pick out our fabric.
I chose this really cute owl fabric, and loved the pink with orange polka dots for the back. I also wanted to add rick rack to the edge to add a little more personality.

We were at the class literally hours after the scheduled end time, but eventually got them done which is good because if I took it home, it would never end up finished
. I learned a lot in that class and it was wonderful having someone walking you through the steps so you could ask questions when you had them. I think the end result turned out pretty cute, what do you think?! Now I just need this baby to come to wrap her in :)

Thank you Teri for doing the class with me, it was a blast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so so cute!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!!

Erin said...

Very cute blanket! Love the fabric!! Did you do the car seat cover?

Julie said...

well done, mitered corners are tough business.