Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 weeks and counting

I'm in the single digits when it comes to number of weeks left, and can't believe I only have 3 more as of April 20th! Let's just say I'm scared to death, excited, very happy, nervous, thrilled, and also freaking out a little. It makes me want to shout for joy, cry, and throw up all at the same time... but that might be also from the crazy hormones.

I keep wishing there was a way to be emotionally prepared for having a baby, but there isn't which doesn't make it any easier because I wish I was more prepared. All I hear from people is how much it will change your life and how it will never be the same again, which makes me feel like I should be even more prepared but can't...

It's a vicious cycle.

I'm sure at this point Tyson has gotten used to the crying spells every other night for no reason over the dumbest things. These are my crying spells mind you - not his haha. We've realized very quickly that it's just the hormones, and he will just hug me until I stop which works wonders. After I get myself under control we both just laugh because it makes no sense at all, and in reality is pretty hilarious. Could you imagine if all the women in the world had 'pregnancy hormones' their whole lives?! We would all be a blubbery mess!


I just know that our lives are going to change drastically... VERY soon and I'm so nervous, but as my mom says,


"Well you can't go back now, so you may as well just enjoy it!"


So I'm trying to enjoy the huge belly, no sleep, constant bathroom breaks and braxton hicks contractions. I'm also enjoying the pampering from the hubby, and all the stares from strangers as I walk (well hobble) through stores.


I'm definitely in the 'nesting' stage... putting everything together, unpacking the last tidbits, washing all the baby things, cleaning, and doing all the last-minute crafts that have been sitting there. It's like I physically can't make myself sit and relax if I have things that still need to be done which is strange but understandable because I feel like my list is very long and constantly just getting longer. I think Tyson gets a kick out of it. He'll have to post soon about his thoughts on the subject.


Now I just need to pack my bag and hopefully not get sick and throw up all day like I did yesterday. Isn't that phase supposed to be over? I guess I never really did get sick in the beginning, but being 9 months pregnant and not able to keep anything down isn't a pretty sight. Anyways I'm kind of just venting now, but I thought I'd put a picture up of my current pregnant state. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Christian said...

Laura you look so CUTE!

The Zenks said...

Yay! Baby is almost here! You can never be completely ready for a first baby, and if someone thinks they are, they are in for an EVEN BIGGER shock than the person who admits they don't know what they're in for! You will be a great mom and you and baby will be just fine :) We are so excited for you guys!!!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

One thing that my mom always told me and I quickly found was perfectly true is by the 2nd day of being home with your little one it will be second nature as if nothing has changed. You can't possibly picture life before without the little one in your life.

I am so excited for you, hoping you a wonderful, easy and safe delivery and great love for this time in your life!