Tuesday, September 1, 2009

July 4th, 2009

This year for the 4th of July, Kristina and I ran the Freedom Run 10K. I tried to keep up with her the whole time (she is super fast), and did so for most of the race. She sped off at the end after I coaxed her into doing so...I didn't want to hold her back anymore :) that's what friends do right?! I don't remember what times or places we finished, just that I was completely exhausted from running so fast and up those dumb hills they strategically placed at the finish line as well. Seriously what were they thinking?

You can see me in the top pic all full of energy...then compare it to the bottom pic. I was pretty much thinking "Dang-it now I have to exert more energy to lift my hand and wave to the camera!"
At least I don't look as bad as the guy running behind me!


And here's my hubby who was there for picture taking and emotional support. Note that he's run once since the marathon last year.
I think it's time for him to do these with me also!


After that we got ready superfast! and headed to the annual Horrocks' 4th of July Breakfast which had great food. We had some friends over that night for some steaks on the BBQ and watched deer come right up into the backyard while we were eating. We then headed over to the Cutrer's for some awesome fireworks. It was hilarious watching the boys try to light as many fireworks as possible and stick them on the ladder without causing too much bodily injury to themselves.



No comments: