In July I attended the Horrocks' Family Reunion while Tyson was studying for the bar. We went to Lava Hot Springs which was an interesting place. The hotel we stayed in was pretty old. If you didn't get the 'Master Suite' you had to share a community bathroom with the other three rooms on your side of the hall. If you were blessed with obtaining a coveted Master Suite you literally had a bed, the toilet, and bathtub in one room...no walls....very strange. You would hear the train roll by every few hours at night from what others were saying. Let's just say it's a good thing I'm a deep sleeper!
Despite all that it was fun going golfing with the family, roasting hot dogs by the fire, and cooking those wonderful s'mores. Kevin even hit a powder golf ball brought by Sally which turned out to be an awesome picture (that I wish I had a copy of).
We got to see some awesome swimsuits worn by the...locals? It was fun tubing down the crazy river. The people on the 4-person crafts were even able to return the treacherous ride without any battle wounds. Let's just say the other people can't say the same thing.
The Natural Hot Springs were also very relaxing to soak in with all of their different temperature options. It was pretty cool. If you're looking for a very relaxing, and interesting trip definitely go to the Hot Springs. You'll probably never forget the experience.
I went to lava for the Essig family reunion in Aug and was TORN APART on the river. Seriously, I hit my head and got all scraped up... But we didn't get to sleep in that lovely sounding hotel... Miss you Laura!
1 comment:
I went to lava for the Essig family reunion in Aug and was TORN APART on the river. Seriously, I hit my head and got all scraped up... But we didn't get to sleep in that lovely sounding hotel... Miss you Laura!
Post a Comment