As of 4pm on July 29th, Tyson was officially declared finished with the Utah bar. This is something he knew he would have to take for a long time, and quite frankly was probably not very excited about it. The first month he was busy non-stop leaving for work at 7:30am to return home after his bar class and studying was over at 10pm. I tried to make sure he had everything he needed and made him breakfast, lunch, and dinner every morning to take with him.After that month was over and he took a break from working to just focus on the bar it got a TON easier for me! I was able to see him a lot more because he had an extra 4 hours per day to either add to his study time or take a break. He made sure to warn me that since he wasn't working he would be able to grow out his 'good luck' beard, and wasn't going to shave until after the bar was over...which was something I figured he would do. Let me tell you that beard was getting super scruffy!! However, he was determined that his Sampson-esque beard wouldn't bring him good luck even if it was trimmed. I just thought, "Whatever...it's your face". haha kidding
Tyson has always been a very motivated person but it amazed me at how determined he was to wake up early knowing he would be studying all day and exhausted that night. The week before the bar he kept thinking how only yesterday it seemed it was 7 weeks away, and now it's only 7! I was honestly also getting a little nervous for the event to take place. I wanted to make sure he had everything he needed, and the continuous support from me so he could really focus on the task at hand.
The night before the bar he got all of things together making sure he wasn't forgetting anything. I'm sure he read over his packet of information 10 times to make sure everything was right...and even had me read over it to double check. He wanted to make cookies which we did, including eating the dough off the beaters (hey I figure we don't have kids yet so we CAN still do it ourselves and don't have to share). That morning he woke up at 6:15 and got ready. He woke me up at 6:45 to be his emotional support before leaving that day. I was so nervous for him, and he seemed composed! We wished him good luck and he was on his merry way. That night when he got home he was all smiles. I always ask how he does after a test and he always says, "Well I either nailed it or I failed it." which is not something you want to hear but I figure he just says it to cover his butt in case he didn't pass. The second day he was even less nervous as he left the house. He was going to nail the multiple choice, and we both knew it. He was scoring very high on those practice tests, and we are proud to say that Tyson is DONE with all school, and all tests for the rest of his life! (If he chooses). And has a clean shaven face ;0)


He of course wanted lobster to celebrate so we went to Market Street to celebrate with his parents.

5 comments:
Nice Job Tyson! All your hardwork is bound to pay off. When do you find out if you passed?
Congratulations Tyson! I'm very proud of you! That's so cool that you are done with school and now have taken the bar! Nice.
Congrats my friend. What a great feeling.
congrats!!! you did it and i am so proud of you!!! let me know when the results are in.. it was so good to see you at Draper Days and we need to do something when you have time!!! your wife is beautiful and i am so happy for you two, you looked so happy!!
Post a Comment