The move went smoothly (at least so far), our truck is supposed to come on Tuesday so we will get that unloaded and see how everything ended up. It will be nice to have the rest of our things that we're missing currently...including my camera charger (hence no pictures).
Here are a few things that have been strange to me lately (and more to come I'm sure, I'll make sure to capture some of this on my camera for next time):
- Kids work EVERYWHERE! - Seriously at every restaurant, car wash, mall store and even WalMart you will see high school kids working which I am really not used to but honestly think is awesome. Good for them!
- Holy crap the hair...the hair... - I mean I always knew that some people that lived here had interesting hair. Hundreds of colors on one person's head, but I really think that Utah is the number 1 consumer of Hair Spray in the United States. I also think that some of these girls don't have mirrors at home, and if they don't then shame on their hair stylists!
- The mountains - I have only lived here for about 8 months of my life but the minute I left the state to move somewhere else (Cleveland of all places), I missed the mountains. If you've never been to Utah, you need to because it is one of the most gorgeous states to visit. Right by our backyard we have snow capped and completely green gorgeous mountains. If California didn't have the beach and palm trees, I would rank Utah as possibly the prettiest states to visit.
- Everyone is super friendly! It's interesting how you can ride the metro every day and not realize that strangers don't talk to each other and that's totally normal...well in Utah they do, and a lot. I kind-of like it.
- Facial hair - okay so are beards back in style? Literally on the drive back from the airport I saw at least 2 HUGE men, driving crazy old or crazy lifted pickups with amazing hair on their face that I didn't think was possible. Well I knew it was possible but never thought someone would do that to themselves!
Cruise, Selling of our poor car, Family comes to visit, Graduation, The big move to Utah of all places, Dropping little brother to MTC for his mission, Visiting with old friends & Crazy girls with hideous haircuts!
Tonight we are heading to St. George to have fun, play golf, and lay out :0) Here's to a great HOLIDAY WEEKEND!
p.s. Tyson says I should claim Utah when people ask where I'm from...I'm adamant that if they ask where I live I'll say Utah but I'm still from California! I mean I was born and raised and lived 18 years in California, and less than 1 in Utah, so I'm not really from here right?! I mean nothing against Utah or the people that live here, but I'm a Californian. He then asked when I will 'Claim' myself as being from Utah. I said the day I live in Utah longer than California... so when I'm 41 and you ask me where I'm from I will proudly say "UTAH" :)
6 comments:
I agree with you completely! Claim CA until you've lived somewhere else longer!
I don't know if I'll ever claim that I'm from Utah. I've a Vegas girl and always will be :) Hopefully we don't live here too much longer so that it won't matter :) but until I'm here as long as I was there 24 1/2 years. I'm not claiming Utah.
Oh I'll claim Utah forever! HA, I even claim it for Sean and he's from New Mexico. Did you guys sell your car in VA and fly to Utah? I am in St. George and was telling my friend that is so nice to see that people here actually look in the mirror before they leave the house (unlike people near us) so that's funny that you said that.
Hope you guys are adjusting well! Can't wait for more posts on everything.
Hey Laura! I know I can't stand the hair spray and some women's hair styles in Utah! Ugh! You're so right!
Welcome back! We are excited to have you guys here!
I feel for you guys... It's kind of depressing living here after living in DC. You'll find pretty soon that there really isn't much to do once you've done the few activities that do present themselves. That's why Bobby and I started and extensive board-game collection once we moved. People are (on the whole) a lot less interesting and therefore a lot less INTERESTED in doing things that actually require effort... so fun in pretty hard to come by in larger groups. It's pretty sad. But (and there always is one) we're glad you guys are here as we're excited to have some old friends around. A lot has changed last time we saw you! What kind of work are you doing from home? Hope you're things arrive safely :)
Post a Comment