Tyson and I went on a date night to the Cherry Blossoms last week. I got off work a little early (LOVE my job), and he was done with class. We hadn't seen them at all this year and I was really worried that they would be all gone because of the rainy weather lately and the peak season was past. We took the metro over to the Jefferson Memorial and saw a few sparse trees attempting to still hold tight to their blossoms. As we walked up further we realized there were more blossoms still there than we originally thought. It was a gorgeous day, and I am so glad we went when we did to see the blossoms at their last stages. We took a few shots and kept walking around to take it all in. It was kind of sad and surreal to think how this will be the last time we will see these gorgeous blossoms for a very long time, but we feel really lucky to have experienced them at all. Here are some of our shots.
When we were walking back to the metro we were starving and opted for a vendor hot dog. After she gave us the dogs she said it we owed $10! Are you kidding? When did those prices go up, I've never had a hot dog on the mall for 5 bucks. I thought she was crazy but we paid up and they were actually pretty good which made me feel a little better about the steep price. We took the metro to the Pentagon City Mall and people watched while we shared a malt and fries. It was fun to be able to laugh and joke around with each other without any stress. I haven't had enough Tyson time lately with finals coming up so I'm glad to have that whole afternoon with him all to myself. Thank you Tyson for the wonderful date night, you're the best! Good luck with your last finals!


3 comments:
That's neat! I really like the last picture.
How cute! I love that last picture. You should definitely frame that one!
How fun, I'm sad we didn't get to go to them this year! Such fun pictures! Tyson, good luck with finals!
Post a Comment