Monday, March 23, 2009

Same Wavelength

A few weeks back my co-worker said her daughter was selling Girl Scout Cookies, I thought hmm...I think I'll surprise Tyson with a box. He'll love that! I proceeded to order one box of Thin Mints - his fav, and one box of Samoas - my fav. The day they came in I told him I had a surprise for him. He then called me up later that day...

Him: Laura...there were these 3 really cute Girl Scouts selling cookies, and I kinda bought some.
Me: How many did you buy? - thinking in my head: so much for a surprise!
Him: Um...just a few...
Me: How many is a few?!
Him: Not too many...
Me: How many did you get?
Him: Three....BUT hear me out! I got one box of Samoas for you, one box of Tagalongs for me, and then the last box of Thin Mints because we both like them! I was just thinking of you!
Me: Tyson! You're totally going to make us fat!
Him: Girl Scout cookies don't make you fat. They're not even bad for you.

He had the three boxes of cookies on the table when I got home and asked what his surprise was. I then pulled out the box of Thin Mints and tossed them at him laughing. I figured I'd just leave the Samoas at my desk at work to have a few as a snack every day. Obviously we were meant for each other and are on the same wavelength.

THEN Tyson packs up his stuff to fly to Utah for a few days.

Me: If your mom offers you to take home any Girl Scout cookies, just kindly refuse and tell her we already have 5 boxes at home because of the little mix up this week. We are seriously going to be fat.
Him: Ok sounds good. You don't need to worry about it geese.

I surprise him by being at the airport when he lands and we metro home.

Him: Hey I have a surprise for you.
Me: (obviously remembering our cookie matter says) Please tell me it isn't more cookies from your parents.
Him: Nope, it's something else....
Me: Good, because we are just going to gain more weight.

He then pulls out two fresh grapefruit that his parents got from his Aunt and Uncle's tree in AZ. I love grapefruit that's such a sweet suprise! He then proceeds to unload 5 BOXES of Girl Scout cookies that his mom graciously got for us!!! So that makes us the current owners of 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. So much for self control Tyson.

7 comments:

Julie said...

girl scout cookies are blessing from heaven and should be treated as such, plus everything is fat free when you eat with someone you love!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

We know what treats your bringing for girls nights! Mmmmm!!

H.Cook said...

you should have a cookie giveaway on your blog! ;)

lol, we loooove girl scout cookies too, we downed a box of thin mints this past weekend. We try not not look at the nutritional info on the box!

Tyson said...

Sorry no cookies giveaway!! They are all for ME!!!! :)

Karissa Kay said...

I will gladly take those off your hands! ;)

Liz Smith said...

i ordered 10 boxes of girl scout cookies this year, and that's only because jared put his foot down...if he hadnt i would have ordered more. so dont feel bad, just know there are others with worse addictions.

Christy said...

That's awesome! Samoas are my favorite too!