Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh the joys of job hunting

I started this post October 4th with the full intent to put it on the blog that day. Tyson read it and said he didn't want to put anything on the blog about job hunting in case a future employer saw it and decided not to hire him....I got pretty mad about it but got over the fact that he was probably right. I'm just glad I can finally post about our job hunting experience.

Here are some pictures of the current wave of envelopes that were sent out last week (in October). This whole job hunting thing is really hard work. It is hard with Tyson working during the week and taking a lot of credits this semester. I think if he knew his job would have asked him to stay working there during the year, he would have taken just a few less.

Anyways - he hasn't been able to spend as much time as he would like with job hunting because he is busy with work, school, and getting great grades. Soooo I took it upon myself to help him with it! I mean how hard could it be? It wasn't until Tyson and I started looking up hundreds of firms' contact information to send resume's to, updating each cover letter, and stuffing envelopes that I realized how much work this really took. Tyson and I put hours and hours into this, and I just know that it will pay off soon (little did we know that soon would be about 5 months away). Tyson and I joke around that he wishes I could take his tests for him sometimes, and I am glad that this is actually something that I can do to relieve some of his stress. It makes me feel pretty good. I have loved just going with the flow and seeing where our law school adventure would take us, and so far it has been a great adventure.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Did Tyson get a job lined up? That's great news! Congratulations!!! Where is it? Are you guys going to be sticking around the area?

Erin said...

Wait a minute so why can you post it now? CALL ME!!!

Christy said...

All your hard work has paid off! Congrats!