Tuesday, December 16, 2008

dentist adventures

Tyson and I make a horrible combination sometimes. Here is one example: Tyson HATES the dentist, and I HATE doing research to find good health care providers and making appointments. The outcome: no dentist appointment for 2 1/2 years. I eventually did end up making the appointment after doing hours of research to make sure it will be a good dentist for my hubby, and that he would have the best and un-eventful experience possible.

We ended up with ZERO cavities, and ONE biopsy appointment (after doing an oral cancer screening). It looks like my attempt in making it great and un-eventful turned on me sadly. Not only that, but it was probably the worst timing we could have thought up. Tyson was right in the middle of some huge finals, and looking for a job. The poor guy was freaking out about it too because not only does he hate the dentist, but all the dentist said was that the cells were hyperplastic, abnormal, and to get it removed as soon as possible. Yah...THAT'S something I want to hear! The doctor recommended a really good oral surgeon (that wasn't in our network) which Tyson wanted to go to anyway. He had his appointment today and the surgeon said that it was probably just a false alarm. Sometimes the tests pull things up incorrectly, but to get it tested every once and awhile to keep an eye on it. He said he wouldn't even know where to preform the biopsy because everything looked okay from his end. Needless to say, Tyson is ecstatic to not have his mouth cut up and he gets a relaxing day from work and school. You deserve it honey!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I think that dentists are the most terrifying people on the planet.