Friday, October 3, 2008

Tag...I'm It

I’ve been tagged. By Who: Rachel Watson. Subject: QUIRKS –this is to give your friends insight to the quirks that we don’t generally tell everyone but feel brave enough to write on our blog. Rules: Link the person who tagged you and mention these rules on your blog: Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yourself and tag 6 fellow bloggers. Sorry this ended up being way long...I was bored at work. Well here goes nothing-

1. I sweat a lot!...and I’m not sure why. I always buy the Secret Clinical Strength $6-8 deodorant with hopes that it will work wonders and it still doesn’t work sometimes. It will be 30 degrees outside and I will still sweat. Yah, kind-of embarrassing but oh well. My sister said that you have to switch your deodorants every couple weeks and that will make them work so that’s what I’m doing, and it’s kind of working. I’ll seriously try anything. I keep telling Tyson that I want to get surgery so I won’t sweat as much anymore, wouldn’t that be sweet?!

2. I have a hard time meeting new people. Tyson will see a new couple in
the ward and will want to go over to say hi and introduce ourselves and I get a ton of anxiety, start to break out in a cold sweat, and practically want to book it out of there because I’m so nervous. I’m not sure why, because when I warm up to people it’s not a big deal anymore and am usually really talkative and end up always saying maybe a little more than I should; but man, if I didn’t have Tyson I would probably have no friends.

3. I always give Tyson hypothetical questions...I’m not sure why and never really realized it until one of his friends came in town and pointed it out. He usually
replies “I don’t know...I’ve never really thought about that” with most everything I ask him which makes me wonder if other people think of these kinds of things that I think about practically daily! A very few of these are:

*What would you do if you could have ANY job in the world...so basically if you were going to be financially stable with whatever you chose to do, what would it be? I would want to be a race-car driver or train and ride the killer whales at Sea World.

*If you could have ANY pet, and it was tame what would it be? I always wanted either a white tiger to cuddle with or have a pet sea otter because those things are seriously the cutest things ever!

*If you could come back as anything after you die, and it doesn’t have to be something real, what would it be? I would definitely be a mermaid. Wouldn’t that be so much fun?! I mean think of all the things you could explore, and all of the options of shell bra’s!

4. And if you haven’t noticed, I have really random thoughts like: Why didn’t God create us with 4 arms? I mean
wouldn’t it make life so much easier when we have kids and all? Think of all the multitasking that could get done with them...I’m sure I would be a better cook. Also, when God was creating the animals I bet they were having a ball! Could you imagine making the elephant and being like, “Let’s make it really really wrinkly...yah...and stretch it’s nose out really far!” I wonder what they were thinking when they were making the platypus. I also thought it would be cool if when we were born we would like pop out with a laminated list of all the things we were naturally good at. Wouldn’t you love it if you knew things that come easy to you? Like, I wonder if I have natural ability to speak different languages, or be an amazing tap dancer, maybe possibly be awesome at Judo or Taekwondo. What if I had an uncanny ability to a great CSI agent or actually BE a race-car driver or train killer whales?! I would have no idea unless I actually went out and tried it which will probably never happen, and I think that’s so sad!

5. I’m pretty forgetful a lot of the time. One time I had my sunglasses on my head and I was literally looking around for them for over 10 minutes before one of my friends just started laughing at me...then I realized what was so funny. I went to Kohl’s once and they have a few entrances that all look the same so when I came out of the store I was looking for my car forever...I seriously was about to call the police to report it stolen and as I was walking around the store to find some place to sit down I saw my car and realized that I just went out the wrong exit. Literally every morning I can’t find my bra...and I just took it off the night before, you think I’d learn! Oh, and last week I left my keys in the grocery store when I was signing the receipt. Needless to say I didn’t make it very far.

6. Whenever I go to bed my mind always races and I have to count sheep to calm myself down enough to actually fall asleep. The sheep usually look like the ones from the children’s books by Rob Scotton. Every night I always try to think of the number I got to the night before (it’s usually in the 30’s...I count really slow). I also breathe so slow when I’m sleeping that sometimes I will wake up with Tyson right next to me putting his hand near my mouth or nose or on my back (if I’m sleeping on my stomach) to feel if I’m still breathing.

5 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I really like those hypothetical questions!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Laura, you think the funniest things! I love it.

Melissa said...

Laura you're hilarious! I'm so entertained by you everytime we do anything with you guys! I LOVE how you ask Tyson hypothetical questions and how he never has an answer because he's never thought of it before and then you get all worked up about it and say "how could you have NEVER thought of what face shape you want our children to have???" or something like that. SO funny, I love it. You two are so funny together. We need to hang out with you guys again soon...long time no play! and p.s. I NEVER would have guessed you get nervous meeting new people, I always thought you both are sooo skilled at bringing in the newbies.

Dan and Rochelle said...

Hmm i think your thought process might be genetic. Dallas is the same way!!!