Saturday, October 4, 2008

Marathon Month

My cute mother-in-law mailed Tyson and I an October package that was marathon themed just in time for our long run today. They bought us a bunch of Cliff Shots (some gummy blocks that give you energy), new running socks that were much needed, and some new drink tablets to put in your water while on your run that was pretty good. I feel so lucky to have such great in-laws, and we are excited but nervous that the marathon is this month. It should be fun to have all of Tyson's family out here running with us. We had to run 20 miles this morning and averaged 12:30 minutes per mile which is pretty normal for us. I'm just glad this is our last really long run before the Big Day on October 26th! Wish us luck!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

You guys are going to do SO great!

Christy said...

What a great mother-in-law! I'm so excited for you guys to run your first marathon!

Reddington Clan said...

The best part about running a marathon is seeing the finish line!! Good luck you guys!!

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

I just went to the St. George Marathon Yesterday and it was amazing. I can't believe you guys are going to do that. Good Job!! Your going to do GREAT and Good Luck. Stay Strong and Smooth and have a great run!!