Friday, October 17, 2008

UofU welcomes BYU fans

This is Tyson, and I was going to write this post last night but decided it might be better to let the dust settle first.

So, the Mountain West Conference (MWC) has been sitting pretty all year long. It has looked like the "Holy War" could potentially be a battle of the unbeatens. There was even a chance that both teams could make the BCS. The MWC was on its way up.

All along I have felt that one of the two teams would blow it. Sadly, I thought it was going to be Utah. I kept trying to find excuses for BYU and their horrible play against Washington and the past few weeks, but I never expected them to overlook/be unprepared for TCU. I thought for sure it would be Utah that had the brain fart that cost the MWC its glory time. Now TCU is a good team, and Utah will have their hands full with them but wow, last night was ugly.

I do not mean this to come across as a knock against BYU. I think they are a good program with a great coach, but I am shocked at what happened last night. I guess this means that for the "sake of the conference", BYU fans now have to cheer for Utah. We all know that it is good for the MWC to have a team succeed in spite of the BCS garbage.


So, in other words, welcome to the University of Utah bandwagon. Enjoy the ride because it can get bumpy at times. Our QB will give you a heart attack but somehow finds a way to pull a rabbit out of his hat. P.S. I am sure I will eat my own words sometime in the future (hopefully not this year) but I had to say something while I could.

3 comments:

Zach said...

Good point, we may have to band together on this one (until the big game that is). I will have to say though that I think that many if not most BYU fans don't have as much animosity toward the U. as U. fans have toward BYU. I am happy for the U. when they win as long as it's not against BYU.

Reddington Clan said...

If you don't like the Utah bandwagon there is always Boise State!!

Jenna said...

We will never join the Utah bandwagon! We know the color of the devil when we see it. ;)

I hope you know I'm just playin', Tyson. BYU definitely screwed that game up big time.