Holy cow, I cannot believe the marathon is upon us. Laura and I have trained hard (for the most part). We have both had our share of aches and pains, but in the long run we believe it will be worth it.
We are pretty excited because my entire family is running the marathon with us (mom, dad, sister, and grandpa). The marathon itself should be entertaining because of all the festivities, the crowds, and the route.
If anyone lives in the area and wants something fun to do on Sunday mid-day, feel free to come cheer us on. I am sure we can use it the last 6 miles. The Marathon kicks off at 8:00. Our goal is to likely run it in roughly 5 hours and 30 minutes which means we could finish anywhere between 1:30 and 2:30. It all depends on how the bodies hold up. With a miracle we may finish around 1:00 but I doubt that. Heck, if you don't want to go down too early, you can track our progress via computer or cell phone. You just have to find out our number (we can tell you come Friday afternoon).
If anyone wants and info on the events or where to watch you can go to the Marine Corps Marathon website (linked). If you look at the map, we run down Georgetown, through all the monuments, to the Capital, through Crystal City, and then finish at Iwo Jima.
3 comments:
Holy Cow I can't believe it is this week! GOOD LUCK Guys!
Good luck. I wish we could come cheer you on. I really like watching marathons. It sounds like yours will be really fun to watch.
Good Luck to both of you!!
Post a Comment