Warning - this is not me (Tyson) preaching from a soap box - it is just some observations I have made.
Sometimes when I am out and about in DC or on the metro, I have to ask myself what direction society is going. The other day I was coming home from somewhere and there was a blind guy trying to get to the metro platform and was having a hard time finding it - as I approached I noticed that not a soul was helping this person. I was ashamed of everyone that was just hustling past this guy in order to get to their destination. Come on, are we so busy as a society that we cannot even take a few minutes to help people?
However, every now and then you see people do a good deed. I just hope it gets noticed and catches on. I heavily believe that if members of society cared more for each other, our nation (and the world as a whole) would dramatically improve.
Here is a story I read this afternoon that showed me how great some people can be. Stories like this give me hope in our society.
Remember, we do not have to do the big things to make a difference. Just opening a door for someone may make their day and it may give them the motivation to help out someone else. If you haven't seen the movie Pay It Forward - go rent it this weekend. ALL of society ought to watch it!!!
2 comments:
What a moving story! It's so good to know that people still have charity towards others :)
Tyson! Hey, it's Shannon Cann-Crawford from high school! This is totally random, but I heard Coach Stephens did your wedding video! I wanted him to do some work for my cousin getting married, but I don't have his number- do you still have it or any contact info for him?
You can email me at shans_design@yahoo.com or just reply on my blog!
P.S. Your wife is really cute! Looks like you guys are happy! Congrats!
Post a Comment