WOW!!! What an AMAZING experience!!! There is no better city than DC to attend law school because we have the opportunity to witness US Supreme Court oral arguments and witness the legislative process. As a disclaimer....this experience is 5 posts long. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed being part of this.
This case was an amazing oral argument to witness. This could be the first time that the US Supreme Court actually defines the Second Amendment. From the questioning presented by the Justices, it seems as though they truly want to establish a good precedent to be followed for years. In general, I got the impression that most of the justices were in support of individual rights in reference to guns.
So as a law student I think the oral arguments had an added intrigue for me. I have read many cases written by these justices so it was interesting to actually hear them question the attorneys. Justice Scalia was probably my favorite. He sure knows how to command a courtroom but is also comical at times. Justice Alito was firm in his questioning and is definitely Scalia, Jr. Chief Justice Roberts was very involved and seemed to care a lot about the origin and intent of the Second Amendment. I was most surprised with Justice Kennedy. We was much more aggressive than I expected him to be. Sadly, Justice Thomas was himself and did not speak much but it was still great to see him in person.
3 comments:
What an awesome experience. I am of course very jealous. I can't wait to talk to you to find out more.
oh, I'm so glad you got in! Sounds great.
What a cool experience! We love DC too! We go quite abit to visit My sister so it was fun to see where you were and say "I'Ve Been there! " AWESOME experience for you! :)
Post a Comment