Sunday, March 23, 2008

~*It's Easter!!~*

When I was coming home a couple of days ago there was a mysterious package that came in the mail. It was from Tyson's parents. So just as a side note: my mother-in-law is AMAZING! She never misses a holiday, and sends us really great stuff which totally brightens our day. So I was really excited to open this mysterious package (that wasn't so mysterious anymore), but literally on Every Side of the Easter package had the writing "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL EASTER!!" Obviously they know me WAY too well. Let's just say that I'm not good when it comes to waiting to open presents... but Tyson enforced it Very well...which I was bummed about.










Finally the day arrived. I LOVE Easter! This morning Tyson and I gathered around the now not so mysterious package and proceeded to open it. This is what we found. There was a plethora of candy, peeps (which I guess are candy too), and two other small gifts. Tyson was told that we had to divide up the plastic filled eggs evenly amongst ourselves. My father-in-law started putting money in the plastic eggs when Tyson and his sister Jessi started getting older so they would still like to search for them. And of course I ended up with $16.05, and Tyson ended up with $12.75 which made me feel pretty good about myself. So in other words...I ended up with $28.80 =0)






Another tradition in Tyson's family is they get new Easter clothes. I got an adorable yellow polka-dot ruffely top you can see on the left, and Tyson got a nice looking striped polo.

Church was also great today, we had a lot of wonderful musical numbers from some very talented ward members. I keep thinking that I should sing sometime in church, but that's a lot easier said than done!






4 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Easter! What a fun package. I love your yellow top. Perfect for spring.

The Bertagna's said...

oh fun! you should definantly sing in church sometime, I bet your a great singer :)

Heather and Trevor said...

What cute Easter Traditions! I love the yellow shirt laura! :) The pic of my fam is in their backyard here in St. George at Coral Canyon. They live on the 12 hole of the Goldf Course. Where is your place? Glad you had a fun Easter! :)

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

Happy Easter you guys!! It looks like you had a fun package and cute new shirts. Tyson, I can't believe you camped out in the freezing cold. You are crazy but that is cool you went to the oral arguments. That is a very cool thing about going to law school in D.C. How is life going? looks like it's going well and you are almost done with your second year!! crazy!! one more to go. Can you take it one more year Laura? well, talk to you later!