
I wanted to start off by saying congratulations to the BYU football team. It was a great game and always a great rivalry.
However, once a Ute fan always a Ute fan. I will always stick with my motto....I may have lived with the Cougars, but I always ran with the Utes!! So we had a disappointing last game. Sadly, I cannot even say that Utah deserved to win. Lack of discipline, poor execution, and poor coaching makes it hard to win. However, you hate to see an overall great rivalry game (that had been called evenly) ruined by a few PATHETIC calls. The personal foul was questionable but if you don't make the call on Kehl earlier, you can't make the call then. Then we get to the pass interference. What can I say besides, holy crap!! (see I am so good at controlling my language). If anything that should have been called on BYU.
Like I said, Utah did not deserve to win, but you hate to see the refs take it out of the hands of the players. Oh well, next year will come soon enough, just hopefully the Utah fans at Rice Eccles show more class than the Cougar fans at Lavell Edwards Stadium. It seems as though things have not changed much since I was a student at BYU. There is no need to throw things at Utah fans or try to fight them (and yes I witnessed it personally as much of it happened to me when I wore my Utah gear). You always hear BYU fans say, "well they do it to us at Rice Eccles"....ya that is what they teach us all in religion classes....do what others do and seek revenge.
Ok, well I feel better now. As I said, no matter how many losses I will never turn to the dark side (the dark blue one). I endured the Mcbride years, I can easily endure Whittingham's tenure. Congrats on the win Cougars, we will take this up again next year.
2 comments:
Ya ya, blame it on the refs if it makes you feel better. We totally dominated. But we can still be friends. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
I LOVED that game! It was so great~! Glad they won~! Are you visiting when?
Post a Comment