Monday, January 7, 2013

Mr. 7 Months

Dear Colton,

At 7 months you JUST learned how to roll over from your tummy to your back. You’d been doing the other way for a couple months now, but now you realize you can do it and I find you all over the floor. It’s so cute seeing you roll over head first to the side and then grin up at me. You don’t mind tummy time anymore now that you know how to get out of it. Lately you’ve been rolling all over the floor, and I never know where I’ll find you a couple minutes after laying you down.

Lately you haven’t wanted to take a bottle. I don’t know if it’s from having croup and your throat hurts, or me nursing you the whole time we were in CA for Christmas, but I’m not too worried since you eat regular food really well. You do however get very distracted while nursing and will unlatch, arch your back, and look around at everything. I have to go into our bedroom to nurse so you don’t have your sister distracting you. While you nurse you like to grab my hair by the handful and put it on your face which makes you laugh and laugh. You also like to dig your hand into my armpit which is cute for about 2 seconds and then starts to be painful.

You are such a great sleeper and usually go to sleep at 8-8:30 and wake up at 3 to eat for about 10 min, then wake back up around 8am. I try to get you to stay awake for 2 hour increments before you take your naps, but about 1 ½ hours is pushing it for you staying awake. Your naps are usually from around 1-2 hours. You are so silly because you LOVE to grab your blanket and put it on your face, then take it off and laugh and laugh. You’ll do that forever it seems until you fall asleep. Sometimes you let go and don’t know how to get it back off your face and will start flailing around and acting like you can’t breathe until I take it off for you. You then immediately start laughing, and quickly put it back on your face again. It is hilarious!

You’ve been able to sit up for awhile now and LOVE the new found freedom with playing with your toys. You were always unhappy when we would lay you on your back, and you’re like a whole new baby now that you can sit up and see the world that way! We sit you in the little counter chair and you will hit the counter over and over because it makes loud noises – you’re such a boy!

You are such a happy baby, and your smile melts my heart. I love it when I look at you from across the room and see you grinning ear to ear at me. It makes me wonder how long you’ve been watching me before I noticed. I love cuddling you and holding your chubby little body so close because I know that you will grow up to be a super active little boy oh too soon. I can’t get enough of kissing your chubby cheeks, and feeling your fuzzy hair. You have blessed our family so much and have brought us so much joy.


Love,
Mamma

2 comments:

Dani said...

What a handsome little fella!!

Chelsea said...

How cute! I love your blog! Thanks for the AWESOME tips for a nursery!