We had a great weekend celebrating Jayde's 2nd birthday. I can't believe she is now two years old! She is such a joy to be around and is an all-around great little girl. We haven't had to deal with any crazy 2 year old tantrums yet, and hopefully it will stay that way (but I doubt it). We are so lucky to have such a great little girl, and know that she will be an awesome older sister!
Some of my family was able to come down which was fun since we rarely get to see them. We were also lucky to have some of Tyson's family here as well to celebrate. We went to the Splash Pad and played with my family who was able to make it on the Friday before, and Jayde insisted on going on the horse merry-go-round which she loved. That night we went to Sakura and then saw the Avengers which was pretty good.
Saturday morning we went to the Washington City Community Center Pool which has a splash pad, huge slide, lazy river, kid area, and all sorts of other run things for people to do. It was a blast, and Jayde loved it! She especially loved the little kid fountains they had.
The whole weekend my dad was adamant on taking shots of my huge belly! I think he was in shock at how large it is... and wanted to document I guess.
To Jayde: Grandma & Grandpa Seymour (above)
Papa & Nana Horrocks (below)
We had a low-key BBQ that night with all the family that was in town. The food turned out great! We had burgers, brautworsts, glazed pineapple, and corn on the grill, potato salad, chips, a slushy punch, and two kinds of cake! Jayde loved playing outside with everyone and opening gifts.
This is what she would do when someone asked how old she was. She says, "two" and put her hands up to her face.
Last year's cake turned out to be a disaster... frosting-wise I guess. It tasted good, but was not very good looking. Let's just say I wanted to redeem myself with her 2nd birthday, and I think I did! This thing was so easy to frost, and was fun to learn how!

No comments:
Post a Comment