Lately I've been super busy with projects to try and get done before the baby comes. Here are a few of the ones I've finished. I love how everything is turning out, but even more - I love the fact that I can cross them off my list!
I found some cute fabric online at fabric.com and made faux roman shades using this tutorial for our kitchen windows. It took me forever to take end result pictures of this (hence the Halloween decor in the 'before' and the St Patty's Day decor in the 'after' pic haha)
Baby squishy now has a car seat cover which is a necessity!
Used some fabric scraps and ric rac to make some boy burp cloths. Now he won't be spitting up on any pink frilly ones.
I bought this ugly frame at a garage sale for $2 over a year ago, knowing I wanted to make it into a magnetic chalk board. I cleaned it, rolled on the magnetic paint, sprayed on the chalkboard paint, sprayed it red, and then glazed it. It's going to go in the baby's room.
Oh, and I think we decided on the name Colton (Colt for short)!
Our neighbor let us (meaning me & my father-in-law) borrow his miter saw and nail gun. Darryl installed the the wainscoting as well as painted the wall/ceiling. Now all that was left was for me to calk, spackle, re-paint the white section, paint the other walls yellow, paint stripes on Colton's curtains, and decorate!
Darryl also helped me install these metal planter boxes I bought over a year ago. They were just sitting in our garage because Tyson didn't want to drill holes into our house. It took about a year to get him to agree ;) so here they are with fresh flowers I picked out. I LOVE how they turned out. Literally every day when I look at them - they make me smile!
I bought this ugly bench as a set for $35 at DI. Cleaned, vacuumed, painted, and found a cute pillow for it. The other two pieces I sold for $20 so the bench only ended up costing me $15 + $40 for the pillow and about $25 for the paint/primer in one. I also love how this turned out.
I love that Jayde is such a trooper when I'm getting things done. I hand her one of her fake paintbrushes and she 'paints' right alongside me. It is so cute to see her reach for the tools and mimic what I'm doing. She has some wooden puzzles and one is a tool theme and she loves hammering with her puzzle piece like it's real. So cute!
1 comment:
I love all your projects!! So cute, and I LOVE the name too.
Post a Comment