I had our first ultrasound at about 12 weeks into the pregnancy. Tyson was going to come to it and we waited in their waiting room for over an hour before he had to go back to work which was sad, but at least I was able to see the baby and hear it's little heartbeat.
It's amazing how different the pregnancy is this time around. I got sick during the first trimester and felt nauseous all day for about a month which I was not used to. With Jayde I pretty much knew right off that we were pregnant and was SUPER tired those first few weeks but never got any morning sickness. With "Squishy" (baby #2) - I didn't think we got pregnant on the first shot because I wasn't tired at all and felt great - but I was!
I was also getting bad headaches daily so I had to take medicine that was ok while pregnant to help them go away. At one point I had a migraine (I've only ever had 1 before and they're horrible). It was bad enough to make me loose my lunch and sleep all day, and I'm glad that phase is over.
It is a bummer being sick while pregnant, but it reminded me how grateful we were to be able to have another addition to our family!
Oh, and when I thought I was pregnant and took the pregnancy test - Tyson's grandparents were staying with us for about a week during the Senior Games. I stuck the test in the bathroom and while Jayde was taking a bath Tyson was looking for her milk or something. I told him it was probably in the bathroom so he looked, saw the test and asked if I took a pregnancy test. I told him yes and smiled (did he really think I would put an old test on there? Gross.). He said, "You're pregnant?!". "Yup!". Then guess what he did?!
He rolled his eyes!!! WHAT THE?! I did not expect that. He assured that he was very excited and that we're obviously super fertile so we need to really watch out when we aren't trying to have kids haha. We are both thrilled, and it was fun having just us know about it as our little secret.
We keep telling Jayde that mama has a baby in her belly and I'm not sure she completely understands, but I'm sure she will be a great big sister!

1 comment:
Congratulations on the new addition :)
Post a Comment