Jayde's doctor suggested to help her transition to only a sippy cup now that she is one. She also said once we do that we should wait a couple months before taking away her binkey completely.
So I am proud to say that we have successfully transitioned her to only have a sippy cup during the day and no more bottle. We were giving her two bottles each day and she drank about 4-6 oz out of them each time.
Honestly I have mixed feelings about it. It is nice not having to warm up a bottle twice a day, as well as having bottles to clean constantly. However, it's sad because I really enjoyed sitting and cuddling with her on my lap while rocking her right when she woke up, and singing to her while she ate before putting her down to bed.
Now she will take a couple swigs from her sippy while she is trying to finagle herself out of my arms and get to her books. I do still get to sing to her before bed while I rock her which is nice, and it really calms her down to go to sleep.
Jayde still uses a binkey while she is sleeping and sometimes while in the car if she is tired. Besides that they stay in her room and unused. We don't have the issue of having to give it to her every 20 minutes anymore which is super nice! Every so often she gets on this 'throwing the binkey behind my crib kick'. I think that she thinks if she throws her bink out of our reach - we will need to get her out of her crib to get them. Ya... not so much. This is what we found on one particular night:



No comments:
Post a Comment