Friday, March 18, 2011

I want to be baptized

Tyson and I went to California all last week to go to Disneyland and Sea World with his side of the family. His sister is married to Ryan who has a 13 year old (Matt), and a 9 year old (Katie). As we drove down we stopped in Kingman where they live and were able to go to their baptism.

It was so cool being able to see his two kids be baptized! Tyson's dad baptized Katie and one of the elders baptized Matt. I made sure to mention to Katie to make sure and plug her nose when she is dunked in the water because I forgot to do that and got water all up my nose. heh.

Tyson and his mom gave talks and they did really well.

His mom had a wrapped up box for her talk and each kid would pull out one thing and she compared it to the Holy Ghost.

First it was a GPS and she explained how that guides you where you need to go.

Then it was a sea shell because the Holy Ghost will whisper softly into your ear (I think that's how she explained it).

They then pulled out a flashlight to represent the Holy Ghost guiding you in your life, and being a light.

Then they pulled out blankets to represent how the Holy Ghost makes you warm and fuzzy sometimes.

It was really neat. I actually sang which was scary!! I don't like to sing solos, but it went really well and Jayde was a trooper the whole time. We felt the spirit like crazy, it was so nice to be able to witness that.

We bought them each cool CTR rings which they love to wear. I'm so glad that they chose to have the gospel in their lives. It was such a neat experience.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is so great they chose to be baptized and that you were able to be there for them! They are lucky to have so much love and support.