Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tidepools

For my brother Robert's wedding I flew out early in the week to go to a beach house my fam rented. Poor Tyson had to bring home the bacon so he couldn't fly out with Jayde and me. I was really nervous to fly with her by myself and it being her first flight, but it went very smoothly and everyone at the airport was very nice. We sat next to two gay guys who thought Jayde was adorable. I made sure to have a bottle ready for the take off and touch down, and she was a little angel! She just smiled away and melted the hearts of all the stewardesses.

{Playing with Dad before flying to California - we really missed him!}

{Jayde's first flight}

{Spending time with grandpa and cousin Madelyn at the beach house}

{Just feeding the babe}

We went to the tide pools the first morning. The tide was out the furthest at 8am so we all woke up and made the treck down there. It's interesting because Dillon Beach is in Northern California which has a rocky cost. Our beach house was on this hill so you had a little walk down some steep bush covered hills to get to the beach portion, but it was way worth it. The little homes down there were all so cute!

{The soon-to-be hubby - Robert with my sister Jenny}

{Madelyn was having nothing to do with that dead crab}

{My nephew Lincoln with a face and nose full of sand}

{Jayde enjoying the beach for the first time}

It was freezing cold, and not your typical beach experience, but the tide pools were really cool. We saw lots of starfish, sea anemones, crabs, and mussels. There were also HUGE seaweed that washed onto the sand.

**side note - ya so I had no idea that sea anemone was pronounced anemone... I always thought it was annenome. heh I guess you learn something new every day.


{Ashlyn with a large star fish}

{Madelyn with a teeny star fish}

{Jenny hiking around the rocks in search of cool sea creatures}

No comments: