Tuesday, June 1, 2010

dear jayde...

...lately when you poo it flies... far.
It scares me sometimes because I never know when it's coming,
and even when I do - I'm still find myself not prepared.
The worst time it happens is when I'm half asleep,
and it's in the middle of your diaper change...

...when I am completely exposed.
At that time I jump every time I hear those little grunts come from your lips because I just know what's coming.

One night when I was half delirious you woke up hungry,
so you ate and I went to change your diaper to wake you up again.

Then it happened...mid-diaper change.
I heard your little grunts and you sent poo flying across the dresser I change you on, and flung right onto the wall.

Then the best part happened - gravity took it's toll.

And let's just say that it's very difficult cleaning poo off of base boards when I'm half asleep and delirious.
But to be quite honest with you,
it's all worth it when I see your adorable little face just staring up at me.
It's as if you're thinking, "I'm just keeping you on your toes mom."

No comments: