Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fashionably Late

Due Date: May 11th
Today's Date: May 12th


Yes everyone - our daughter is officially past-due, but we're just categorizing her being 'fashionably late'. Better late than never though right?

The doctor said he would induce me this Friday (the 14th) if I don't have her by then. I'm REALLY hoping that she comes before because I don't want to have to be induced. So far there aren't any consistent contractions to be heard of so it looks like Friday it will be. At least there is an end in sight. I've been really lucky to have a great pregnancy with very few symptoms. Hopefully that means the labor will go well! We're crossing our fingers to that. As of late I think she's dropped. I haven't been gaining much weight this last month, and I'm still at 3cm and 75% effaced (as of last Thurs).


All our bags are packed and ready to go. Her little clothes and linens are washed and awaiting her arrival. My car has been detailed and her car seat is sitting there ready to be used, practically saying, "put a baby in me already!"

I've been working on the baby's room, and found this cool frame at DI for just $3. Bought some acrylic paint to match the pink in her nursery and voila - a hair bow holder! It's not sitting on her wall with her other decorations that I need to post about. I'll have to do a nursery post after she comes when it's all finished.
And here's the car-seat cover I made in a sewing class down here. It was fun to do (and not too stressful). I love having a person there showing you how to do things so you can ask questions as you go along. I think the fabric combination I chose looks good - it turned out cute. Now we just need to put a baby in it to complete the package!
We will post some pictures after she arrives for you viewing pleasure (which will hopefully be before Friday). I think I'll take a break from the computer now and walk some stairs because no other labor inducing tips people have given us have seemed to work yet - I think it's all a scam ;0)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an awesome frame! Super cute carseat cover!! Come on baby!!! Good luck with everything!!!

Julie said...

you are a champ! can't wait to see the Nursery. I have no tips on inducing labor, but i would love some on how to make it to 40 weeks.

Karissa Kay said...

nothing but pitocin worked for me. She'll come eventually but I know you've gotta be more than ready. The car seat cover is ADORABLE! good job! Can't wait to see pics of the little lady! Good luck with everything! I'll be thinking of you this week.

Kara said...

Good luck! I was 9 days over with Ada, and tried everything in the book (minus castor oil - yuck!) Can't wait to hear the good news that she is here!! :)

Andi said...

I can't believe you're still pregnant! What a trooper!

I can't wait to see pictures of her!!! She is going to be beautiful.

Shad and Brittany said...

We can't wait to see her! Good luck with everything.

The Zenks said...

Castor oil (odorless/tasteless if you can find it)--4 tablespoons in a smoothy. I used it for both of mine at 38 weeks and it worked like a charm!

Kendra said...

Been thinking of you! Can't wait to see her! Hope everything goes great. I was induces with all 3 of mine and things went great, so I am sure they will for you! Give Tyson a squeeze for us!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

I can't wait for you to post pictures!!! I am sure you are going to be so happy when you get to hold her... Remember, use the help around you and also something I didn't learn fast enough, YOU CAN SAY NO!!!! NO! you can't hold her right now. NO! don't touch her NO! I don't need company! it's okay to say NO as a mommy!!!

Love you prayers to you and love.