
March 18, 2010
I didn't really know what to expect when going to our home closing, I mean there's really no way to prepare yourself for the occasion.... except maybe some hand stretches to get them ready to sign the mountains of paperwork passed to you. It would have probably been a stressful occasion if I wasn't married to an attorney who knows what those mortgage people are talking about when they break down each form. Plus knowing we were getting an awesome deal on a home that we LOVED made it a lot easier to keep those signatures rolling.
I was getting more and more excited each page we would sign because it was going to soon be ours, and we were officially 'closing' the deal.
I was shocked that Tyson wasn't freaking out a little when seeing all of those numbers... I was planning on seeing him sweat a little like he did when he had to put a deposit on my wedding ring before we were engaged which is a whole other hilarious story in itself. I think we were just both ready to own our first home together. He jokes that we already have a small 'house' of debt from law school loans anyway, so what's another small fortune right? It's just too bad the student loans aren't even close to the awesome interest rate we were able to get!
We feel very fortunate to have the ability to buy such an amazing home. It's still unreal that we were paying more in rent for our thousand square foot apartment in DC, than we are paying for our mortgage on our new home. We've loved St. George so far and are excited to be here on a more permanent basis (especially when we drive to Salt Lake and it's snowing like crazy).
Owning our first home makes me excited to:
-play in our new grass
-paint our walls the accent colors I want
-throw away all the old beat up boxes we saved up from past moves
-set up our baby's nursery
-grill on our patio
-play music as loud as I want
-park in our very own garage
-spend our Pottery Barn $ we got when married without worrying if something we buy will break when we move
-grow a garden
-have my own laundry room
-plant a cherry blossom tree to remind us of our adventures in DC
-not have to use an elevator to throw away our trash
-cook s'mores in our backyard fire pit
-get drapes without the husband having any excuse not to
-buy a real Christmas tree... no more fakers
-have people visit and actually have a room to sleep in
-mostly I'm excited to start raising a family and making more fun memories with my wonderful husband
...here in our new home.
-play in our new grass
-paint our walls the accent colors I want
-throw away all the old beat up boxes we saved up from past moves
-set up our baby's nursery
-grill on our patio
-play music as loud as I want
-park in our very own garage
-spend our Pottery Barn $ we got when married without worrying if something we buy will break when we move
-grow a garden
-have my own laundry room
-plant a cherry blossom tree to remind us of our adventures in DC
-not have to use an elevator to throw away our trash
-cook s'mores in our backyard fire pit
-get drapes without the husband having any excuse not to
-buy a real Christmas tree... no more fakers
-have people visit and actually have a room to sleep in
-mostly I'm excited to start raising a family and making more fun memories with my wonderful husband
...here in our new home.
2 comments:
I love your house, it was fun to be able to see it at both stages! I'm sure you are loving being more settled. And I'm jealous that you live in St. George, but glad I get to visit you guys whenever I am there!
So excited for you guys! Being homeowners is a lot of fun, but a lot of responsibility.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment