Met with the Dr this week, and it's the last week where I go a month before meeting with him again. From here on out it is every 2 weeks which is cool/annoying/scary in my opinion.Dr. Astle, "so you're measuring at 34... well probably around 33 weeks."
Me, "What's that supposed to mean? Am I having her early?!"
Dr. Astle, "Well we will meet with you in 2 weeks and if you're still measuring far in advance like this, then we will do an ultrasound to see how big the baby is."
Me, "Ya because there's no way I want to deliver a 12 lb baby!"
He agrees with me, so I'm glad about that. I keep thinking it would be great if she was developing quickly and I could have her early but I don't want to count on it. With my luck it's just the way I'm carrying her, and she'll be a week late heh. I wouldn't mind doing another ultrasound either just to have peace of mind that she's still baking well in there, and to have more cute pics of her.
Symptom: Quicker-than-I'd-like Weight Gain
Well my glucose test came back ok so I don't have diabetes. It needed to be somewhere under 130 and mine was 92. I guess I just need to keep eating healthy, staying away from lots of sugars which I've been doing well with lately, and working out. Maybe the fact that I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead has something to do with that. I'm just excited to have the baby so I can start really working out and getting my former curvy and not-so-round shape back :)
Symptom: Throwing up breakfast two mornings in a row
Ya so this happened right after eating breakfast. Dr didn't know why but said to just eat smaller meals he thinks which I did the morning I met with him and still almost threw it up. Doesn't really make sense that it was just those two mornings, and I ate completely different breakfasts at different times of the morning. At least it hasn't happened the few days afterward.
Symptom: Chest tightening up for about 20 seconds (about 10x per day, mostly at night)
When my chest / airways tighten up it feels very strange. It's not enough that I can't breathe or anything, just a tightening feeling. Dr wasn't really sure why it's doing that, but said to take Mylanta when it happens to see if it makes it go away. If it does then it's just my esophagus (which shouldn't be an issue), if not then it might be my lungs. Who knows... I've never heard of anyone having this before and neither had he so we'll see what happens I guess.
Symptom: Waking up from deep sleep because I'm STARVING
End up getting out of bed, drinking glass of milk and eating some crackers to hold me over until breakfast - then trying to go back to sleep. Took me about an hour to fall asleep again last night. Can't wait for that to be over. It's so weird to have your growling stomach be the cause of me waking up from a deep sleep.
Symptom: Daily hiccups by the little kid
Poor baby keeps getting them. It's a daily occasion now and I think Tyson gets a kick out of feeling her little hiccups. It's really cute except for the fact that she kicks around a LOT more when she has them which kills the belly. I don't think she likes them, but what baby likes the hiccups I guess...
Symptom: Quicker-than-I'd-like Weight Gain
Well my glucose test came back ok so I don't have diabetes. It needed to be somewhere under 130 and mine was 92. I guess I just need to keep eating healthy, staying away from lots of sugars which I've been doing well with lately, and working out. Maybe the fact that I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead has something to do with that. I'm just excited to have the baby so I can start really working out and getting my former curvy and not-so-round shape back :)
Symptom: Throwing up breakfast two mornings in a row
Ya so this happened right after eating breakfast. Dr didn't know why but said to just eat smaller meals he thinks which I did the morning I met with him and still almost threw it up. Doesn't really make sense that it was just those two mornings, and I ate completely different breakfasts at different times of the morning. At least it hasn't happened the few days afterward.
Symptom: Chest tightening up for about 20 seconds (about 10x per day, mostly at night)
When my chest / airways tighten up it feels very strange. It's not enough that I can't breathe or anything, just a tightening feeling. Dr wasn't really sure why it's doing that, but said to take Mylanta when it happens to see if it makes it go away. If it does then it's just my esophagus (which shouldn't be an issue), if not then it might be my lungs. Who knows... I've never heard of anyone having this before and neither had he so we'll see what happens I guess.
Symptom: Waking up from deep sleep because I'm STARVING
End up getting out of bed, drinking glass of milk and eating some crackers to hold me over until breakfast - then trying to go back to sleep. Took me about an hour to fall asleep again last night. Can't wait for that to be over. It's so weird to have your growling stomach be the cause of me waking up from a deep sleep.
Symptom: Daily hiccups by the little kid
Poor baby keeps getting them. It's a daily occasion now and I think Tyson gets a kick out of feeling her little hiccups. It's really cute except for the fact that she kicks around a LOT more when she has them which kills the belly. I don't think she likes them, but what baby likes the hiccups I guess...
4 comments:
You look really cute and just right for 30 weeks! I am totally with you on the starving thing. Why is it worst at night? The 3rd semester isn't too fun but you are almost done! I am excited for you to have your baby, b/c that will mean it will be my turn soon! Good luck!
You look so great, Laura! I'm so excited for you! Lily got the hiccups ALL THE TIME when I was pregnant and then she got them a couple times a day until she was several weeks old. It's so funny. I wonder if Jayde will get them a lot after she's born.
Wow! It sounds like baby girl WILL come early! The cm measurement is supposed to correlate closely with the number of weeks you are--for example, at 30 weeks I measured 30 cm. That's pretty exciting!
Post a Comment