Sunday, February 21, 2010

28 Weeks - the last trimester

It's the final stretch...the LAST trimester!

As you can see my stomach has pretty much exploded to your full-on pregnancy belly which happened in a two week time frame which was very strange.

Here are some of my evaluations of my current state:

Sleeping is getting more difficult, especially when I Finally get to sleep just to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom... then I have to try to fall back asleep after re-adjusting the belly multiple times.

Tying shoes is pretty much a joke and I'm pretty sure it's very comical watching me try to do so. Let's just say Tyson has had a few little chuckles at my expense... until he gets a glare from my direction, and ends up tying my shoe for me. I'm sure it's just out of pity (but I don't mind).

From what Tyson says - I have a little bit of a pregnancy waddle which I highly disagree on, but yet I'm not the one watching myself walk from behind so my viewpoint is probably at a little disadvantage.

Gaining weight faster than I'd like, so the doctor says I should cut down on the sugars. No more buying fruit snacks in bulk from Costco, and now that the chocolate stock is completely gone (because of me) at least that won't be a temptation anymore. Now we just need to make sure and not buy any more of the stuff. It's hard to not 'snack' when you work from home all day! I'm taking a glucose test the next Dr. visit to make sure everything is fine. I just can't wait to have this baby so I can start running again without having the belly tighten up like a vice when I work out. I guess at least my pregnancy jeans I've bought that 3rd month still fit just fine.

I hope it's not possible to die from frequent heartburn, because if so I really need to watch out for that! It's a daily occurrence and Tums are officially my best friend at this point. I don't go anywhere without a zip-loc bag with those little chalky suckers tucked safely in my purse. Let's just say we have a Love/Hate relationship.

Those fish-oil supplements are nasty, especially a few hours after taking them when you burp and it tastes like fish. Makes me want to gag just thinking about it! But hey - at least the baby is getting the vitamins she needs. Hopefully it will make her brain more developed and smarter in school, supposedly that's what they say so I guess it's worth it.

We have most of the baby furniture which is exciting. Now we just need the house to be finished so we can set everything up, or I guess so Tyson can set it up. Hopefully his temper will keep in check while he's putting the crib together. (He doesn't do too well with putting together furniture, but he will learn... patience honey... patience is a virtue).

Let's just say it's very strange to tell people I'm in my last trimester. Most times when I think about it I just get freaked out, but I think as it comes closer (and my belly gets bigger and more uncomfortable) I get more and more excited for our little bundle of joy to join us into our crazy little family.

9 comments:

Dani said...

YAY I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Aw, you look so cute!

Nellie and Jason said...

oh man, I feel ya! Tums were my best friend with the 1st pregnancy, now I've moved up to Pepcid. A little better. I only have to take one a day usually. And the Glucose test...blech....hate that.

teac77 said...

neat!

Karissa Kay said...

I feel ya on the tums. I went through SO many bottles of those my last trimester. Heartburn is the worst! You look great! I'm so excited for you!

Christy said...

How exciting! You look great. It is a little annoying when you can't bend over anymore, but I decided it wasn't so bad when Zach started giving me pedicures becuse I couldn't do it myself. He got pretty good at it! I think we're going to have to start that again pretty soon.

As for the fish pills, have you tryed a different brand? There are certain kinds you can get so that you don't taste them later or at all. Expecta is a good one, but there are other brands as well.

Julie said...

you look fantastic!

Unknown said...

You look GREAT!

Pepcid was my friend. I also wore flip flops the last two months of my pregnancy. I had to get permission from work to wear them but I couldn't wear anything else!

The Zenks said...

If you're taking a ton of Tums a day, try Zantac--it works way better, recommended over Tums by my OB, and you'll never think about heartburn again (unless you forget to take it). I was taking WAY too many Tums each day, which is why I switched (plus, they didn't work that well for me).

Sean & Lacey said...

I second the zantac, it was the only thing that worked from me, get the 150mg in cool mint, that way you can suck on it for a second and it starts working faster. I swore by this stuff during my pregnancy. Also get this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FFQATK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000FFQATA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ATV4QTY38X0CWGP3CH5
for the fish oil, it's yummy and has no fish taste or after tast.
Sorry for the longest comment ever, you look really cute though. Can't wait to meet that cute little baby!