Thursday, December 3, 2009

October Updates - Murder Mystery & Pumpkins

I thought it would be fun if this year we did a pumpkin carving contest with the in-laws. Darryl wasn't going to go for it but I kinda told him it wasn't an option. Then when he decided to do it, Tyson and Teri kept telling me how great of a carver he is and how he would for sure win. After we picked out our pumpkins we set to work on choosing a layout that might go well with them online to print. I decided I would free-hand mine, and Teri decided to use another interesting fun method of "carving". These are the results:
Pretty awesome huh? So...which one would you have chosen to win? We chose a neighbor to decide which ones they thought were winning-worthy and here's how the results ended up:

1st Place. Mummy - DARRYL!
2nd Place. Ghost and haunted house - Laura
3rd Place. Skull with raven - Tyson
4th Place. Polka Dots - Teri

So congrats to Darryl....we'll see who wins next year because we will opefully give you a run for your money!

Tyson and I went to a murder mystery party thrown by one of our friends, and it was a blast! We'd never done one before and it was cool that everything came from a kit which told you who your character was and walked you through the whole story line. I think it would be fun for us to throw one sometime.


And here's me pregnant! Heh jk - this is probably a 'future' Laura picture for in a few months. My mother-in-law and I went shopping for maternity clothes and she was adamant that I try the shirts on with the belly pillow thing to make sure they would fit with and without it. It was pretty comical.

No comments: