Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Graduation Gifts

As graduation approached for Tyson I kept thinking of what I would get him as a gift. I ended up getting him a bunch of nice dress shirts for work (I know...boring), but some cuff links that I loved. Can I tell you that I was shocked how expensive cuff links are? They were the Love Knot ones, pictured on the left and I had to have them...just for him.

I was thinking about everything that we had been through these past three years and thought that I kind-of wanted a graduation gift also. I know that doesn't sound very traditional...for the person who is graduating to give the spouse a graduation gift, but I felt that I played a large role in being there for him these last 3 years. I halted my schooling after we got married and he swept me to Cleveland where I worked full-time so we wouldn't have to take out even more loans than we already needed to. We then moved to DC that first summer for his internship and I continued working while he was in school so we could go on trips together and enjoy life pre-kids and before he had a career to spend most of his time getting great at. I also wanted something to have for a long time to remember all of those adventures we had while he was in law school. I told him what I had been thinking, and he got me this gorgeous pearl necklace!


Exactly what I was thinking, he read my mind again.

Oh how I love my husband! I will cherish them forever.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You definitely deserve a graduation gift too! I'm happy you got the earrings :)

By the way, that is a gorgeous photo of you! You should totally get that framed for Tyson's new office. That way he can show you off.

Karissa Kay said...

I love pearls! Congrats! And you look so pretty!!

Julie said...

well done Tyson!