We arrive at Fenway at 8:30...it literally took us 15 minutes to get there and there is no-one in sight. Who is right now?! Tyson lets me take a picture of him pointing at the Red Sox sign after we find out that there isn't going to be a line. (I know, I know, it looks like he's pointing at the Beer Works sign). 
We then take another photo-op moment in front of the famous Citgo sign. Supposedly all of the Red Sox fans think that they lost a very important game because it caught on fire last year.

At this point I'm getting VERY cold and I feel like my fingers are going to fall off. Tyson looks at his touristy map again and it has a number to call about the tours. He calls and no-one answers, but the machine says tours are at 9am everyday...I think Tyson started sweating at this point. It it is about 8:45 when a man with a Red Sox sweater walks by. My loyal Red Sox hubby walks up to him and sparks up a conversation in which we find out that the tours don't start until 10am on Sunday's. You can then see Tyson's happy face that we didn't miss it.

While Ty is so excited that we didn't miss the tour I am standing there starving (he said that morning we didn't have time for breakfast because there was supposedly going to be a line), and waiting in the freezing cold. I tell him I need breakfast because if I don't eat then I practically turn into the Incredible Hulk and can't control myself...it's not a pretty sight. We stop by a Dunkin' Donuts to grab a breakfast sandwich and some hot chocolate. I have no idea what we're going to do for another hour because we aren't necessarily in a touristy part of Boston. Tyson suggests that we walk all the way around the stadium in which I am hesitant because I would like to go home with all fingers intact...and of course we end up walking around the WHOLE stadium. We came upon this statue and Tyson was telling me all sorts of stories about this player and the Red Sox. I think he secretly wanted to be this little kid.
As he kept reading I kept trying to find places to get out of the wind and cold. It was seriously freezing, and then windy on top of that!
We made it all the way around the stadium and then didn't have anywhere else to go. The Team Store didn't open for another 15 minutes so we waited outside of it. FINALLY it opened and we were able to go inside. There was still no one else in sight....let alone a line! If you know my husband, you will realise that a trait of his is: if he wants to go somewhere then you will probably always end up waiting a long time and will always getting somewhere extremely early. But I love him anyway.
We walk into the store and see this guy...he is kind-of creepy at first but then he shows Tyson the rings on his hands and I think Tyson almost swore because he was so excited! I guess he had the player rings from the last two World Series. They were actually pretty cool, and they both insisted that I be in the picture. So I end up getting practically strangled by an old man with cool rings...the things I do for my hubby.
So we go on the tour. Our tour guide was pretty cool, and this old man also came along telling some very cheesy jokes along the way. Fenway was a pretty park, and I would enjoy going there when the Red Sox are actually playing. Whenever our tour guide would ask a question, Ty would always know the answer. It's amazing how much he knows about sports! The grass was covered up which is a bummer. Tyson and I were saying it would be funny if they picked him to be able to go to the grass. He said he would have to restrain himself from cutting off a chunk of that grass and planting it in our yard (if we had one). He would have loved to say his grass was Red Sox grass! I really think he is obsessed...but in a good way. I'm glad he is passionate about some things like that. I just know that our kids are going to be just as obsessed as their dad and I think I'm okay with that.
After the tour was over we went over to the Team Store and both bought jersey's. Mine is pretty cute, and I'm excited to wear it this next season and make my husband proud. There were some cool signed 2007 World Series baseballs. I almost couldn't restrain him from spending $300 Manny Ramirez one, and he had to restrain me from going crazy buying all of the adorable Red Sox baby stuff...one day!


2 comments:
What a fun trip! Those rings are insane - that old man totally loves you...& Tyson looks like a little boy on Christmas morning!
How fun, Laura you are a good sport! Sean even read the posts about you trip and thought it was pretty sweet. So good job! haha. I love the picture with that man and the rings, and the one with all the baseball pictures, cute idea.
Post a Comment